BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: NAVI CENTRAL LOCK ready for BMW R1200RTLC/ R1250 RTW 2014+ with Sirius Radio Ante

I received the new Navi Lock Bracket that includes provision for mounting the Sirius antenna.
Does the Sirius antenna seem to receive good with it mounted underneath the metal? I would think it would be better on top of the metal.

·
Registered
'18 R1200RT, '18 Abarth 124 Spider, '87 VFR 400R & an everyday sedan.
149 Posts
It is mounted on top of the metal. Here is a picture of the unit mounted viewed from underneath. Once the dash cover is closed up the antenna is on top of the bracket and has clear access to signals.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I didn't realize that the picture posted by Oldtimers doesn't show the part in the orientation that it is installed. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hi,
here WE make new typ Navi lock BMW R1200RTLC/R1250RTW y.2014+ for US members

Sirius Radio Antenna with original metal holder ,must remove from dashboard,and only
Antenna must puts back to the adhesive tape on the new Navi Lock Holder. It is mounted
on top of the metal. Here is a picture of the unit mounted viewed from underneath. Once the
dash cover is closed up the antenna is on top of the bracket and has clear access to signals.

send email and discount code BMWLT19 :)

regards,Matjaz

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
:wave Matjaz,

I have made a couple of attempts (via your email addresses and website) to inquire on how I can purchase a NAVI Lock for my 2018 BMW R1200 RT. I would need the new configuration to accomodate my SiriusXM antenna. Can you please PM me the details?

As a new member on this site, I am unable to send you a private message.

David

·
Registered
149 Posts
:wave Matjaz,

I have made a couple of attempts (via your email addresses and website) to inquire on how I can purchase a NAVI Lock for my 2018 BMW R1200 RT. I would need the new configuration to accomodate my SiriusXM antenna. Can you please PM me the details?

As a new member on this site, I am unable to send you a private message.

David
David, I had some difficulty in reaching Oldtimers.si early on. It turned out that he was away at several motorcycle shows and since he is a small operation was unable to reply. The set up is a great addition to the bike and works as if it was part of the original equipment. I did have to make some minor adjustments to mine on installation to have everything line up properly but it was not a big deal. Give him a little more time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
David, Please email Matjaz at this email address: : [email protected]. Matjaz is expecting to hear from you at that address. Tom

·
Cat Herder
1,516 Posts
I have one of these. Works a very nice. Took about 30 minutes to install. Just order the unit with the satellite antenna plate if your bike has the radio package. There is a black metal plate that the Sirius antenna is mounted to now pulls out and is removed prior to installation. . The entire thing is plug-and-play.

It went together so fast I didn't stop to take any pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
I installed mine last weekend but I'm having an intermittent problem unlocking the thing where it doesn't pull the plunger back on the actuator. If I cycle the lock a few times it eventually disengages. I'm going to contact Oldtimers about it to see what they have to say. I don't think it's jamming up as it has no difficulty at all extending the actuator, it's only retraction that is sometimes a problem. I've also noticed an increase in Sirius "linking" interruptions that I'm assuming is related to having the locking mechanism up above (or to the side of) the antenna ... may look into relocating the antenna external to that cover if it really becomes annoying.

·
Registered
149 Posts
LIRider, take a careful look at how the "plunger" is clearing the dash housing. On mine I had to put a slight bend in the plunger so it cleared the dash housing and moved freely in both the locked and unlocked direction.

·
Cat Herder
1,516 Posts
I've also noticed an increase in Sirius "linking" interruptions that I'm assuming is related to having the locking mechanism up above (or to the side of) the antenna ... may look into relocating the antenna external to that cover if it really becomes annoying.
Did you get the plate with the antenna mount??? If not the locking plate will be on top of it and thats why you have poor reception.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Did you get the plate with the antenna mount??? If not the locking plate will be on top of it and thats why you have poor reception.
I did indeed. However, reception isn't what it was before and noticeably so.

·
Registered
289 Posts
LIRider, take a careful look at how the "plunger" is clearing the dash housing. On mine I had to put a slight bend in the plunger so it cleared the dash housing and moved freely in both the locked and unlocked direction.
Thanks for the tip! I'll pull everything back apart on Saturday to see if there is any interference. I thought it moved just fine when I fit it all though but I'll certainly double check things. I'm assuming you bent the aluminum "finger" that is attached to the actuator arm ... the thing that actually interferes with the Navi release?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I installed mine last weekend but I'm having an intermittent problem unlocking the thing where it doesn't pull the plunger back on the actuator. If I cycle the lock a few times it eventually disengages. I'm going to contact Oldtimers about it to see what they have to say. I don't think it's jamming up as it has no difficulty at all extending the actuator, it's only retraction that is sometimes a problem. I've also noticed an increase in Sirius "linking" interruptions that I'm assuming is related to having the locking mechanism up above (or to the side of) the antenna ... may look into relocating the antenna external to that cover if it really becomes annoying.
Thanks for the tip! I'll pull everything back apart on Saturday to see if there is any interference. I thought it moved just fine when I fit it all though but I'll certainly double check things. I'm assuming you bent the aluminum "finger" that is attached to the actuator arm ... the thing that actually interferes with the Navi release?

hi LIRider
if you have some problems with instalation send me some foto or movie to

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

we will help :)
regards,Oldtimers TEAM

·
Registered
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRider View Post

Yes, you are correct, it was the aluminum "finger" that I had to adjust with a bend to allow it to properly clear the dash housing. Once I did that everything worked as expected.

Reactions: LIRider

·
Registered
289 Posts
Took it all apart again today to see what was going on and found some interference on one side of the actuator pin so I removed the dash components and filed down the ridge on that one side. I think things should be much better now but time will tell. Oldtimer's was very supportive. Still have to tackle the loss of satellite signal issue but that's something for another day (think I'll relocate the antenna outside of that cover).

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
hi,Guys
first thanks thanks for all report :)

The Navi Lock set somethimes need to lock and unlock 20 - 30 x , and then the Pin automatic make best position himselve.
No need to put some metal distance, washer etc..
dashboard plastic is from more parts glued and press together and then is position different somethimes 1-2 mm

we little modifite the Pin , Attach foto

NEWS:
we are also constructing a new part of the Navi Lock system for BMW R1200/1250 RT motorcycles without remote central locking

we will see in
BMW Motorrad Days 2019 Garmisch-Partenkirchen
5 - 7. Jul 2019

Best Regards,Oldtimers TEAM

Attachments

·
Cat Herder
1,516 Posts
I've also noticed an increase in Sirius "linking" interruptions that I'm assuming is related to having the locking mechanism up above (or to the side of) the antenna ... may look into relocating the antenna external to that cover if it really becomes annoying.
I am having the same reception issues. These antennas are sensitive and the signal is always weak. . The antenna is facing up. I may need to refresh the radio with Sirius. Any ideas??

The unit works great. I'm glad I bought it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Maybe the radio refresh. I've had no reception issues with mine.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts