BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Autocom?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  DavidTaylor 
#1 ·
Hola de Colorado! Does anybody have an Autocom bike to bike system they'd like to sell? Thanks!

#2 ·
dsauer608 said:
Hola de Colorado! Does anybody have an Autocom bike to bike system they'd like to sell? Thanks!
Not sure of the meaning of your question.
I have an Autocom that I can use either a GMRS or Amateur Radio transceiver. The other bike must be similarly equipped with the same radio configuration.

Here's one on Ebay

#3 ·
PMitchell said:
Not sure of the meaning of your question.
I have an Autocom that I can use either a GMRS or Amateur Radio transceiver. The other bike must be similarly equipped with the same radio configuration./QUOTE]

I'm looking for an Autocom with PTT for bike to bike communication. Sorry I wasn't more clear for you.

#4 ·
dsauer608 said:
I'm looking for an Autocom with PTT for bike to bike communication. Sorry I wasn't more clear for you.
If you can't find one used I have a friend who's an Autocom reseller. She may be able to help out.

#5 ·
DavidTaylor said:
If you can't find one used I have a friend who's an Autocom reseller. She may be able to help out.
Why thank you, Mr. Connections Guy! Fire me an email with her contact info please! I need a comm system for the vstrom so I can complain to Dean about falling down in the snow, about another 1/2 mile past this pic:

Attachments

#8 ·
dsauer608 said:
Why thank you, Mr. Connections Guy! Fire me an email with her contact info please! I need a comm system for the vstrom so I can complain to Dean about falling down in the snow, about another 1/2 mile past this pic:

Good God! He took the whole "trial by fire" approach with breaking you in! :D

So are you enjoying the wee strom? Those are great bikes. Met a guy at RIck Mayer's Saturday riding one and he couldn't say enough good things about it. And he was 6' 6" and about 270!

I'll email you the info when I get home tonight.

#9 ·
DavidTaylor said:
Good God! He took the whole "trial by fire" approach with breaking you in! :D

So are you enjoying the wee strom? Those are great bikes. Met a guy at RIck Mayer's Saturday riding one and he couldn't say enough good things about it. And he was 6' 6" and about 270!

I'll email you the info when I get home tonight.
Thanks! And yes, it's a very fun bike - very easy to ride and makes a great little commuter. Gets great mileage and I'm putting on some Shinko tires next week, so pretty economical. Vstrom people are little different... been spending some time on stromtrooper forum looking for stuff. Got ripped a new one on my first post, looking for what aftermarket exhausts were available for a wee. Turns out I was stomping all over some guy's rights by making my bike louder and I needed to get in touch with who I really was, yada yada yada. Pretty funny stuff!

I'll bet the guy at Rick's never rode a GS! Whenever I can talk Dean into trading bikes for a while it's like getting on a cadillac. But the strom is a blast and is so cheap! You know, like a BMW owner!

#10 ·
dsauer608 said:
Thanks! And yes, it's a very fun bike - very easy to ride and makes a great little commuter. Gets great mileage and I'm putting on some Shinko tires next week, so pretty economical. Vstrom people are little different... been spending some time on stromtrooper forum looking for stuff. Got ripped a new one on my first post, looking for what aftermarket exhausts were available for a wee. Turns out I was stomping all over some guy's rights by making my bike louder and I needed to get in touch with who I really was, yada yada yada. Pretty funny stuff!

I'll bet the guy at Rick's never rode a GS! Whenever I can talk Dean into trading bikes for a while it's like getting on a cadillac. But the strom is a blast and is so cheap! You know, like a BMW owner!
I trust you referred to him as F#!ktard at least once. :rotf:

I almost sold that black 95 GS I used to have for a V strom 1000. Just couldn't do it, that old GS was such a damned hoot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.