BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read recently that TopGear is no longer Autocom's US distributor. I hope they get a new one.

I have a last generation (pre-2006 or whatever) Active-7 Plus intercom on my '99 LT with the stereo input that taps into the rear speaker wires.

The headset wire wore out so I replaced the headset earlier this year. It has worked well since then, but on my last ride I was hearing the stereo only in my right ear. I wondered if I had gotten a defective speaker for it to fail so quickly.

I spoke into the intercom (I was riding solo) and the sidetone kicked in on both sides, just fine. I could also hear the stereo playing in the background in both ears. When I stopped speaking and the stereo volume returned to normal, it played in the right ear only. It performed in that manner all day.

My guess is that it's something internal in the intercom unit. Anyone seen this before?

·
Registered
773 Posts
There are 3 or 4 points of failure: The radio, where the feed is spliced into the speaker wires, the part that sits between the splice and the Autocom and finally the Autocom. My first step would be to plug another music source into the Autocom and see if that makes a difference. While you have the passenger seat off check all the other connections.

Regards

·
Registered
624 Posts
Make sure your audio device output is plugged in properly. If the plug isn't all the way in, you only get sound on one side.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All connections are fine. Today it is functioning normally. I think it is something in the circuitry. Keeping fingers crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts