BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Autocom replacement lead question.

I have a five pin Pro M-1 Autocom, unit that I have traced my problem to a bad lead coming out of the unit itself. I have ordered a replacement from Top-Gear and the tech said it's very easy to do once you take apart the unit. Not being an electrical wiz I was wondering if anybody had taken apart an Autocom unit to replace one of the cords, and if there is anything I need to watch out for.

Thanks, Gene

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hi,

Very easy to replace. Done it on a buddies Autocom. The 5 pin system only uses 4 wires and they are all collour coded. just make sure your connecting the right pins in case the person who wired the socket didn't follow the wiring schedule.

Out of interests, how much are you paying for the lead? you could have bought a 1 meter 5 pin din extension cord and chopped off the one end and wired that in, It's what I use when repairing systems. I pay about £2.50 per lead.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The link below is to the 3 mtr lead, I normally pick up a shorter one, but at least it gives you ideas for any furute fixes.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=11428&doy=20m10

I've replace all the leads and the rebuilt two headsets using these leads. If I need to build a headset and replace the lead into the auto com I'll pick up 1.5 mtr ones, and use the socket end into the autocom unit, and the plug end I'll strip and wire into the speakers and mic. Lots cheaper then buying from autocom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts