BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need guidance as to avoid making more work for myself. I am removing the autocom connectors as they are not needed and they appear to be wired funky. The red/black wire is attached to a connector and the second input line is attached to the rear case speaker connector.

I am attaching pictures for your viewing pleasure and for assistance. Thanks from IL!

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
The first one is just switched power you can stagger cut the red and black wires and just tape them up. You may want to use them some day for another accessory. The other is a tap into the rear speakers. It appears to be one of the early ones that does not have a switch to select "intercom or speakers" so you may have to peel back the tape and see how it was hooked up. I have enclosed the instructions from Autocomm. If yours is wired like part 66 you can just snip it off. If it is wired like part 67 you will have to tie the speaker wires back together after you snip.

That is the same unit I have on my LT so I would be interested in it for spare parts as they no longer make that model.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. PM your address and I will ship everything to you, just send me the shipping cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts