BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI. I ordered my Autocom stuff last week, and I just heard a price increase might be coming as early as a couple weeks from now. It's probably related to the dollar tanking, or maybe even the Tecstar acquisition of Autocom.

So if you've been on the fence about your Autocom, or need any accessories for your existing Autocom, you might take a look.

I get my Autocom stuff from www.premiercycleproducts.com

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
There were some recent post about them going out of business and someone else buying them. I believe it is the owner of Starcom. Seems like the new management decided to raise prices to be able to stay in business. Makes sense to me...

I have and like their products.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tecstar, the parent company of Starcom did in fact purchase Autocom.

One of the key Autocom principals also now works for Techstar. I haven't heard anything direct from the other principals, primarily Tom, who had to sell Autocom because of his divorce, not because he was going bankrupt. I guess in the UK, they call that liquidation?

BTW, Autocom is still much cheaper than the alternatives I explored. I've had Autocoms on all my BMWs, and have never had an issue, especially after I moved to in-ear speakers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have always used and like Autcomm.

What do you do to use in-ear speakers. I have always used the pucks mounted in the helmet.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
toadmanor said:

What do you do to use in-ear speakers. I have always used the pucks mounted in the helmet.
Pull your pucks and install Koss from Radio Shack on-line. A world of difference! :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
PMitchell said:
Pull your pucks and install Koss from Radio Shack on-line. A world of difference! :)
+1 with the help of Grif it took about an hour and works great. Paid $30 for the headset on sale at Radio Shack.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
toadmanor said:

Because I want my hearing intact when I get old.

The in-ear speakers are custom molded earplugs as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts