BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the pinouts for the grey 5pin plug for a autocom active plus. I want to make up a radio interface for a yaesu FT50R. I cannot find a autocom made interface for yaesu radios.
Thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
I have them Fred, just on paper at home. I built one for the RS hand held CB last year. I'll dig it out tonite.

Found this on my computer.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John,

Why did I think you would be the one to have one? I will look for your hand drawn or whatever you have at home. I am not sure about that FTM drawing. I will work from my FT50R schematic once I am sure of the autocom pinout.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
That drawing I posted has the AutoCom side of the radio interface pinouts. What I have at home are the guts to the basic radio adapter from AutoCom that worked with my FSR radio (Motorola) that plugs into the port in the current drawing. There were some small caps in the MIC IN line IIRC and a resistor across the PTT line. Hope I can still find my scratch pad, if not the cover comes off the DIN plug. Oh that is another thing - that is an odd ball DIN plug. You won't find one at RS. I got one at an older electronics shop here in town.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whatever you can find John. Good on the Automcom end and I know about that din. I believe they call it a 60 deg 5 pin din connector. I have a cable and connector place that has a huge array of things, much better selection than RS but not so sure of the quality.
Thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
I dug out the cable and opened it up here is what I used to interface a RS CB. Just used the appropriate connectors for Mic and Speaker. Not the best of drawing but it was the best I could do with office 2007. I did save it as a regular word doc

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jzeiler said:
I dug out the cable and opened it up here is what I used to interface a RS CB. Just used the appropriate connectors for Mic and Speaker. Not the best of drawing but it was the best I could do with office 2007. I did save it as a regular word doc
Thanks John.

I came across an Autocom cable in my junk box that has a two pin plug for the radio end and looked it up, it is made for an Icom and others including Yaesu. I picked up a two pin to single pin for the Yaesu at my local amateur store that mechanically fit so I am going to give that a try later. Don't really want to build one unless I really have to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts