BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All;

I have an Autocom pro M1 for about 6 years, has worked great UNTIL. All of a sudden no music from the radio. Checked the wiring, good, checked for 12 v at the board, good. So I figured the board finally went bad. Found a new unit from a shop and received it today.
Plugged her in and I have the intercom function but no sound. The radio seems to work fine.
Checked all the settings all good. I did not make any changes it just stopped making sound.
I checked both helmets with the same results, intercom but no music. The sound on the radio also does not go off like usual. Its like the autocom doesn't know the radio is there.

IDEAS?

Zeke

Pls dont tell me its the radio.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Zeke said:
Hey All;

I have an Autocom pro M1 for about 6 years, has worked great UNTIL. All of a sudden no music from the radio. Checked the wiring, good, checked for 12 v at the board, good. So I figured the board finally went bad. Found a new unit from a shop and received it today.
Plugged her in and I have the intercom function but no sound. The radio seems to work fine.
Checked all the settings all good. I did not make any changes it just stopped making sound.
I checked both helmets with the same results, intercom but no music. The sound on the radio also does not go off like usual. Its like the autocom doesn't know the radio is there.

IDEAS?

Zeke

Pls dont tell me its the radio.
As the intercom works fine, I would have it a guess the cable from the radio to the Autocomm is stuffed. Check for abrasions, kinks etc. But I would try a new one of those first up.
regards
Paul :confused:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I have a similar problem, but mine is intermittent cut-out of the right ear of music only.... I suspect its in the wiring somewhere where around where I've soldered into the rear speaker wire loom.. it cuts out in both mine & passengers systems...... just a matter of finding time to track it down. Probably just a dry solder joint... check under the rear seat if its installed to Autocom's recommended position.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,257 Posts
There usually only two adapters to get the music into the Autocom. Both tie into the rear radio speaker wires. One has a switch so you select speakers or Autocom. If you have the switch, cycle it back and forth and see if that cleans up the contacts. The other is hard wired all the time. In both cases it is best to select the fader function (step with the musical note button) and drive the signal all the way to the rear speakers. If it is driven all the way to the front the Autocom will not get it. The radio resets to center if the power is removed.

·
Registered
719 Posts
If the intercom is "shorted" on, then it will block the radio sound from getting to the helmet speakers. Check the headset cables and the wiring in the headsets as well. Check the VOX setting too. Sometimes I wish my Autocom had old-fashioned PTT (I know it's an add-on option).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts