BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my 2000 Lt it had a M1 already installed. However I have no other accessories. I am getting ready to finish off the system. Is the M7 so much better that I should toss the M1 and start over with a new M7? Or should I buy stuff that works with the M1? Eventually I plan on having the following hooked up, Radar detector, 2 helmets with mic's, cell phone, and maybe my gps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Brian

If you are going to use typical earplugs then the difference between the 5 pin M1 and Pro-7 pin is MASSIVE as the later Pro-7 has about 3 to 4 times more volume available and some people complained that the old 5 pin M1 was too quite with earplugs, otherwise there is not a lot in it. If you are going to use monitor type in-ear speaker plugs no need to change.

You may be interested to know that Autocom has a promotion in some areas and Pro-7’s when sold as kit 6 solo or duo are at half price which makes them absolutely fantastic value not to be missed. But stocks are running out VERY fast so if you do want one don’t wait.

There will be a completely new product range for 2006 but I cannot disclose details JUST yet.

Hope that helps

Autocom-UK-Tom

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While at the motorcycle show I asked south sound BMW if they had any autocom systems left. They only had one pro 7 left but it was LT specific. I guess it was a sign, I now have it in the garage awaiting install. I guess it will have to wait until I get back from vacation. I'll be basking in the sun in the Dominican republic for a week starting sat....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts