BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 GT and want any advice on how and where to install my autocom system.
Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hoop said:
I just purchased a 2007 GT and want any advice on how and where to install my autocom system.
Thanks
Me Too, I started looking yesterday for my autocom. so far I have it velcroed under the rear seat left side to the body panel between the frame rails. Where does everyone have their helmet connector come out? Just under the seat or do you put a extension on and run it to the front and out up by the bars?

I am also looking for ways to hook up my Gerbing controller

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed the Autocom on my 08 GT under the rear seat. Since my bike has the TPM, there is an addition electronics box which made the install a bit tight, but it fits fine. I used the old standby - Velcro - to hold it in place. No issues with placement in last 10K miles.

Power comes from an AP-2 which is installed on top of the battery with the wires running between the fairing and tank. Running the wires under the tank makes them more susceptible to electronic noise.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
rgmanley said:
I installed the Autocom on my 08 GT under the rear seat. Since my bike has the TPM, there is an addition electronics box which made the install a bit tight, but it fits fine. I used the old standby - Velcro - to hold it in place. No issues with placement in last 10K miles.

Power comes from an AP-2 which is installed on top of the battery with the wires running between the fairing and tank. Running the wires under the tank makes them more susceptible to electronic noise.
The next time you get around to it, posting a few photos would be helpful for the rest of us. I didn't realize that there is still room above the TPM unit.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
A good location for the unit is underneath the rear seat.
there is a little void there with 3 mounting points for something, but the space is unused. I got a piece of 1/8 inch plastic from TAP Plastics cut something to about 3x5 inches and used supervelcro to mount it to those 3 points. Velcrod the autocom unit to the plastic plate with regular velcro and ten ran the wires where they needed to go. There is a lot of space in the tail section to tuck away excess wires, unused connectors, etc., as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info. I plan to install my Zumo and Autocom this weekend.I will post photos when done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts