BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
I just bought a new Pro 7 Sports kit from Autocom in the UK at near 50% off, plus all the cables to connect to the LT's CD, GPS, bluetooth phone, superb deal. Not sure how long this is running tho, the guy was run off his feet with half his staff at the motorcycle show in Birmingham, so get in there quick :D
This deal is NOT advertised on their website. Phone them! No. is on the website. Just bear in mind that this new stuff is seven pin DIN and not the older 5 pin if you have older Autocom stuff, as I had. Needs a new microphone and speakers for your beloved one as well.

http://www.autocom.co.uk

Malki

(edited for spelling only)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got all the Autocom Kit delivered this morning. One serious amount of equipment for £200, they even included the helmet extension leads which i forgot to order...superb service.

Malki

·
Registered
149 Posts
How much?

Hi,
I was at the bike show and offered K1200lt Autocom deal at £224, what exactly did you get for your £200 am I missing out on something here. I was thinking about waiting to get the BMW bluetooth helmet sets for the system V's but am thinking about saving some money. (Jan already has her System V)and I am waiting to go ahead.

Have you used Autocom before? how do you rate it.

The full kit featured for the LT is Pro rider 6 kit duo (£140) music lead, twin music lead, x2 headset extension leads, car swt for stereo isolation, ALL as suggested in the Autocom brochure for the bike -

IS ALL THIS REALLY NEEDED????

·
Registered
129 Posts
Autocom

Stuart.
All you need to get is the main unit and two sets of headsets and leads.
If you get the other extra's it will allow you to play your CD into your helmets but when I had it my other LT I found I never used it as it was like haveing a walkman etc. playing in your ear all the time AND it is a pain the butt to fit and set up AND you have to drill into your top box panel to fit the three pole switch.The phone lead is quite a good add on and it's only about £5.00

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Thor
What i got delivered to my door in under 24 hours was:-

Autocom Pro 7 kit including headset/mic & phone lead reduced to £89.36 (£178.72)
Complete headset for pillion £19.15 (£38.29)
2x Headset extension leads £8.51 (£17.02)
Power supply cable to hardwire to the bike. £2.13 (£4.25)
Stereo music lead with switch to connect to CD, this was the only part not included in the 50% sale £46.81
GPS cable, they don't appear to have charged me for this...same as the phone cable tho.
Tax (VAT) £30.09
Delivery was free.

All adds up to a total of £202.50 delivered.
Bargain or what?

you don't need everything all at once, you can add it later, but if the sale is still on it makes sense to buy now.

Yes I have used Autocom before, along with a few others. It is outstanding in it's performance, I'd never use anything else. I just replaced my aging Easycom V8 system for this new one, mainly because of the Vox/CD facility.
Buy the best and buy only once...

Malki

1 - 5 of 5 Posts