BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
As you are no doubt aware, the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix is on again this weekend at Philip Island, Victoria (which is about an hour and a half south east from Melbourne), the main race being run on Sunday 16th October.

Is anyone attending?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Unfortunately not, Ian.
I've already booked my quota of "fun trips" for the next 2 months... maybe next year.
Will keep an eye out for the LT's on the Barry Sheene memorial run though.... if they televise it!
Smile & wave at the camera for us ;-)

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Got a transporter

onions said:
Hi all,
As you are no doubt aware, the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix is on again this weekend at Philip Island, Victoria (which is about an hour and a half south east from Melbourne), the main race being run on Sunday 16th October.

Is anyone attending?
Got a spare ticket and a matter transporter? ;) :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
G'day Ian,
Unfortunately I can't make it on the Sunday, I programed in Langwarrin Fire Brigades open day 1100 - 1500 (very bad planing). However I am hoping to go down on the Friday, Got to be back by 1600 for night shift. May even try to get down on SAturday but doubtfull at this stage. If you are coming down drop me a PM and hopefully we can meet up for a coffee or you can even drop by home if you want.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Shane Thomas from Rockhampton stayed overnight, on his way down to the Island...lucky sod.

a couple of days out from Rocky his navigation gizmo was on the blink, and he wasn't a happy camper at the thought of sparring with the Sydney traffic,.....but from the stay at Tamworth it decided to make his life just a whole lot easier and steer him in the right direction....

Shane is riding down with a Ducati ST from Rocky and meeting up with him at Goulburn on the way to Canberra today.

Shane will be on the Barry Sheene memorial ride....he's now on the very sparkly and clean mauve LT with a little dragon on the back....(nahhhhh not the wife, .....Loz is flying down Friday), but a little dragon character over the towbar hitch.

The weather's perfect today.....but some of us are still waiting for BMW to get some exhaust valves in from the fatherland ...for the last couple of weeks....dealer still not advised by BMW as to landing date.....

c'mon you guys it's someone elses turn to test ride these bikes to destruction so BMW get the necessary spares in stock......mutter mutter.

I'll be watching the TV for Rossi to ride his LT to a stunning win on Sunday....

Phill
'78 XS1100E "The Tardis" (ret).
'99 K12LT "Beryl Beemer"

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
feel your pain, Phil !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts