BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day Fellas,
Have a 2000 LT that has the cassette type radio. Used the search and was hoping to fit an adapter that would allow me to connect the pins 1,3,and 6 on intercom connector to provide an input to Starcom1. Sadly when I opened up the radio enclosure I find that my radio does not have that connector. Is there any other way of doing this other than connecting up a converter that changes the + and - lines of the speakers to L/R/Gnd of a stereo cable. Tried this on an RT with less than perfect success. Any help would be appreciated. Have the Clymer manual that wasn't a lot of help. Also have removed the CD changer as the chances of actually using it were remote.
Thanks
Ross

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,903 Posts
Ross,

Sorry to report that that is the only way to get it out of the radio and into an aftermartket intercom. I believe that is the way the dealer installed BMW intercom (J&M BC1) did it on the early bikes although I have not seen the original installation instructions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fitted a floating ground adapter and now have radio to the starcom headset so all good.
Thanks
Ross

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Maybe its late, or just that I do not understand. I am helping another member install his starcom digital. I simply tapped into the rear speakers at the barrel connection under the pillion seat. Is this not a solve. He has the BC1 (POS) as well. Never thought to use the directions, so that must be the problem right there....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts