BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '03 K1200LT my FM radio does not have a strong signal and my single CD player is damaged. Any tips on how to remove/ fix or replace? I would be interested in buying a CD player off of someone who is changing their's out for an IPOD to keep my bike original. Any help would be appreciated!

I have read your options for removing the CD and replacing with an IPOD- anyone have an idea about how to have both?

·
Registered
241 Posts
JBird, search for the Jensen marine radio install for your bike. Several on this site have done it with pretty good results. I'm planning on doing it too, just haven't got around to it.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
If the radio works with a very strong radio station but you have no range and it fads out very quickly you might have an antenna issue. If the antenna mast was taken off and not replaced properly that could be your problem. There is also a spring and ball at the base that insures good contact. If either is missing it will not work properly..

If you touch the antenna mast and your reception improves this is most likely the problem.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Check out eBay for just the CD player.

I removed the CD player in the side case a while ago--never lidtend to CDs any more, just MP3s now.

bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts