BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-Newbie here. I just picked up a 1999 LT with only 14000 miles on it. I had an 03 in 03-04. The 03 was an elite? with all the factory options. The 99 is a lower perhaps base model? In the glove box/cassette box there are 2 very small jacks 2 larger ones like the jack on and iPhone and one knob and a small toggle switch. How do I get an iPhone or mp3 player jacked into the system. Also what is the best way to get an intercom system? Glad to be back on an LT. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Remember this, the I phone did not exist when this bike was built, they know nothing of mp3 files or 4 pole connectors for cummunicating with a PDA I phone, easiest way to interface with this old bike is to add a Autocom to the speaker outputs (this gives you volume control of the fm radio functions and the cd player if you have one. You will spend less on a autocom system than you will for the headsets to the factory intercome (which by the way is a POS......I have owned 2 they suck wind big time.....call me to discuss how the system would function ......918-446-22458

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I use a cassette adapter for my GPS/MP3 player. Do not ware your $$ on a cheap one from China.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts