BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 1200LT with a Voice II system. If I play my XM radio using the FM modulator setting, the volume is quite good. If I connect the radio directly to the auxiliary in jack, the volume is not as loud when turned up to the max. Using the identical method in my car, a direct connection is much louder than using the FM modulator. I naturally assumed that the volume would be louder with a direct connection on the bike also. :confused:
I also found the same volume limitations using a friends Ipod/Iphone and Droid.
I've searched this question though the forums and could not find a relative answer.
Any suggestions anyone could offer would be appreciated.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,116 Posts
The LT aux in is weak by nature. I run a little Canakit stereo amp in line ahead of it to boost the signal. Others have used a "boosteroo" product with good success.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
I snagged a boostaroo at Radio Shack.
Now that's better!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I connected my XM through the CD changer connection using a Blitzsafe adapter. The audio is much louder than with the FM modulator. Works great! Didn't need the ole skip-o-matic taking up space in the bag anyway. :bmw:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think u will find the volume control does not work either on the aux input, the aux input is not amplified like the cd, fm, is. That is the reason for thr boostero, If u would like a better amp try the amplirider from electricavenues $65.00, 12 volt power, 2 inputs and a remote volume control. Kieth

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Kieth,
I've already purchased a Boosteroo but I can definitely see the advantages to the amplirider. I need to test out the Boosteroo for a while but it's always better when there are choices.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I tried the Boosteroo but found the batteries only lasted about 4 hrs. Next I purchased a MAP20 Audio Amplifier, a bad investment. Worked ok, longer than 4 hrs but needed to be charged but cannot be used while charging. I now have the AmpliRider. It's wired to 12v and works great all the time..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts