BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking at wiring my Starcom1 into my bike (no Voice II), I want to be able to play CDs etc through the intercom into the helmet, or switchable to the speakers, as well as the inputs to the Starcom1 into the speakers etc. through the AUX port. I have the cable needed on order. I know Starcom1 has a switch - it's for switching inputs made into the Starcom1, it does not enable output from the CD players/radio into the headset does it?

So - to my question - does anybody know if there is an audio line out set of pins anywhere that would provide audio line level output for radio/CD/CD Changer? I'm looking at the pinout description on the rear of the stingray CD player and while my German is good enough, not sure I see one on the Radio Connector (I see all the speaker outs etc). Pins 1, 3 and 6 on the (currently empty) Intercom connector (the one with the AUX In pins - are they a line out to the BMW Intercom?

One last ditch option I have is to use a car audio Line Out Converter on one of the speaker pairs. Anyone know the power rating of the BMW audio system? These also are not very small (for a good filtered one) - if there's no Voice II, is there much space behind the plastic shroud above the single CD player in the oddments box (stingray)?

Thanks - this has turned out to be quite complicated to get a system to play the way an integrated system would (any or all inputs thru speakers or switchable to helmet) but I'm looking to figure it out - I'm reasonably wiring / soldering savvy.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,411 Posts
rowie said:
So - to my question - does anybody know if there is an audio line out set of pins anywhere that would provide audio line level output for radio/CD/CD Changer? I'm looking at the pinout description on the rear of the stingray CD player and while my German is good enough, not sure I see one on the Radio Connector (I see all the speaker outs etc). Pins 1, 3 and 6 on the (currently empty) Intercom connector (the one with the AUX In pins - are they a line out to the BMW Intercom?
Yes on the pins mentioned and I have used them in the past but the audio quality is not great. Maybe I did not have the proper impeadance match. I gave up and went with the Autocom speaker tie in adapter to get radio audio into my intercom. I no longer feed anything to or from the radio as I run my Driod and GPS direct into the autocom.

·
Registered
270 Posts
what you really want to do is tie into the oupput lines of the rear speakers, with a isolated lead, this allows you to still use your on board audio system, volume control, etc. I am not a starcom dealer but I do have that type of a device for a autocom. Kieth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts