BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dilemma: I have an old Clarion cb/intercom on my '01 LT. It came with a small, plastic box that had three wires coming out of one end that went to a connector to the comm system, and four wires coming out of the other end that I hooked to the wires going to the rear speakers. The box has started giving me problems; I cannot hear music in the left headset speaker most of the time, (my radar override goes in that speaker and works fine all the time, so I know it's not the speaker itself).

Sierra Electronics, who sold the original unit, says they don't have anything that can connect speaker audio to the comm system.

Do any of you have an idea? What does J & M use to get bike audio into their comm systems?

Thanks,

George Barnes
23 days and counting!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a J&M CB2003 and when I got it about two years ago, I was told by Sierra electronics I would need an Autocom Part 67 to be able to hear music through my headsets. It's wired exactly as you described and connected to the "low side" of the CB using shielded cable with 2.5mm plugs. I think this may be what you need. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts