BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst at a mates place, l was discussing about trying to to utilize the cassette player and changing it over for something more up to date and he gave gave me one of these:
3 5mm Audio AUX TO CAR Tape Cassette Adapter Converter FR Iphone Ipod MP3 Player | eBay
I hope you can open the attachment, you just simply slide the cassette into the existing cassette deck (l'm thinking this maybe more relevant to early models??) and plug the cable into your phone. Presto, one can play all of their songs from their phone through the cassette player - just operate the audio system as you would normally to play a cassette. Not as clear as the CD player but ok for my liking and you can receive calls as long as you are operating your cassette option on your audio menu. l'm not keen to rearrange/change any of the audio setup from original as it all works and l really don't need the extra space in the right pannier.:grin:
Just thought to post it if you need a cheap option to answer calls on the bike and have a few more songs to listen to.

Ta, Nick

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
We use a simmular adapter on our 2002 K1200LT. We run the output of the MP3 player in our Iway 500 GPS in thru it. It works good for us..:wink:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,246 Posts
You won't be able to make calls on that set up as the tape player only will play music (or any audio it is plugged into) but no way to get your voice back into the phone.

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
183 Posts
I use one very similar and it works well. I can stream music or use my navigation straight from my phone. I can't make/take calls but I really don't want to while I'm riding. They also make a Bluetooth version but then you have to worry about power for the adapter.

·
Registered
211 Posts
A new thing I came across yesterday for all of us that ride the old gals with the tape players. I found an MP3 player shaped like a tape cassette that we can plug an SD card on it and as I understood it can be used in our player:
Car Cassette Adapter MP3 Player for w/ Remote - White (SD/MMC) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I also found the Bluetooth form of it and I believe this will be better as if it pairs with our smart phone it can play to our sound system all running applications sounds like music and if the navigation is running it will also play the navigators voice:
Bluetooth Cassette Adapter - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
this has a built in rechargeable battery that makes it self standing for as much the charge can hold. I don't have details for it till I purchase it.

Did anyone use these? Can these cover our needs for music?

Just saw this also in Walmart
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ION-ITR20-Bluetooth-Cassette-Adapter/39577143

1 - 7 of 7 Posts