BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody attending?

When?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
I'm going up this morning to talk to Rick about making a seat for my scooter. I will be going tomorrow also because there will be more "action". They have this rule that says only BMW bikes will be allowed past the gate so I need some clarity on that also if Rick can do the seat for me.

If any of us want to meet at A&S tomorrow for free doughnuts and then ride up to Auburn I will join in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,857 Posts
Hopefully Saturday, Give me a call Doug if you coming up Saturday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Dell said:
I'm going up this morning to talk to Rick about making a seat for my scooter. I will be going tomorrow also because there will be more "action". They have this rule that says only BMW bikes will be allowed past the gate so I need some clarity on that also if Rick can do the seat for me.

If any of us want to meet at A&S tomorrow for free doughnuts and then ride up to Auburn I will join in.
Dell:

I'll be interested to hear IF Rick will do a seat for the MP3's, because Corbin "threw up their hands" because of the seat sensor. They had no source to buy switches in bulk, BUT if Rick can simply remake the seat using our own seat sensors, that will prompt me to take a ride up North.

By the way, I supplimented my MP3 with a used (820 miles) '03 Aprilia Atlantic 500. Now, I have my cross country scoot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
jfredriksson said:
Dell:

I'll be interested to hear IF Rick will do a seat for the MP3's, because Corbin "threw up their hands" because of the seat sensor. They had no source to buy switches in bulk, BUT if Rick can simply remake the seat using our own seat sensors, that will prompt me to take a ride up North.

By the way, I supplimented my MP3 with a used (820 miles) '03 Aprilia Atlantic 500. Now, I have my cross country scoot!
The rally had a mixture of bikes which was sort of surprising to me considering the organizers said non-BMWs would not be allowed past the gate. I even saw a Piaggio MP3 500 owned by a person who rode it all the way from Capitola (pretty far on a scooter). It was nice to meet the owner known as 87andstillriding (screen name on the Vespa forum). (Yes Captain John I now know 87's true identity)

Both John Flowers and I talked to Rick about seats, John for his new Yamaha and me for the Piaggio scooter. Rick will make a seat for my MP3 and is familiar with the sensing system. He has already made a couple for CanAm Spyders that have a similar sensor. Rick will use the existing sensor and pan. Now if I just get the energy to ride the scooter the 2.5 hours to Rick's shop.:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Dell said:
The rally had a mixture of bikes which was sort of surprising to me considering the organizers said non-BMWs would not be allowed past the gate. I even saw a Piaggio MP3 500 owned by a person who rode it all the way from Capitola (pretty far on a scooter). It was nice to meet the owner known as 87andstillriding (screen name on the Vespa forum). (Yes Captain John I now know 87's true identity)

Both John Flowers and I talked to Rick about seats, John for his new Yamaha and me for the Piaggio scooter. Rick will make a seat for my MP3 and is familiar with the sensing system. He has already made a couple for CanAm Spyders that have a similar sensor. Rick will use the existing sensor and pan. Now if I just get the energy to ride the scooter the 2.5 hours to Rick's shop.:eek:
Neil is a good guy and old BMW rider, like us. He was the one that did all kinds of "trick" stuff to his MP3 250, including the J.Costa Variator, LeoVinci Exhaust and Corbin's attempt at a seat. Now, he's done the same to his 500, but I'm sure he's interested in what Rick Meyer has to offer in the seat department.

Anyway, I hope Neil and you will be able to make the San Francisco Bay Area "Ride for Kids" on June 29th, because I'm shooting for 100+ scooters to attend this year--although I understand the physical challenges you face every day and the fact that you probably won't be able to attend.

As you can tell from my sig line, I now have a 2nd scoot, an Aprilia Atlantic 500--my new long distance weapon of choice. I'll definitely make one of the HDDC dinners, when they're a little closer to home, but until then, enjoy your MP3--I sure love mine!
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top