BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about adding some attachment/tie-down points so I can use my rear seat as storage. Been roaming around the bike looking for places to put eyebolts/U-bolts/bungie buddies, but all the likely spots that are not the saddlebags don't appear structurally sound.

Anyone have any suggestions?

edit: The main point behind not using the saddlebags is to not only save the paint, but also so I can open the bags without untying the passenger seat load.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
I suggest some "soft ties" mounted beneath the rear seat. Once you take the rear seat off you will see the upper frame pipes... don't drill or crush them... But you can tuck the soft ties under the seat and they are easily deployed.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
browad said:
Thinking about adding some attachment/tie-down points so I can use my rear seat as storage. ...... Anyone have any suggestions?
There are a few trays that can be added over the rear seat.. BMR products has a Flatbed. Looks like it might do what your looking for. They have quality products. I have bought a few different things and I have been pleased with the quality of each.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Why not just buy one of the many bags that fit on the rear rack. They are secure (they attach to the slots on the rear rack) and can hold quite a bit. Unless you don't have the rack.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really liking the idea of the soft ties. I had looked at the frame bars under the seat, but was thinking about hard points and not soft.

I do use my topcase, so if I wanted to expand my mounting points there I would add a luggage rack on top. Which I am thinking about, but that is $$$, and if I can use existing why not?

I will prob need to use both a luggage rack and the rear seat for my upcoming trip. I had not seen the BMW flatbead before, that looks very cool. More $$$ of course, but that's what you get.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts