BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to find a simple but functional means to attach my I-phone to my 1200 LT handlebars. Maybe one of the holes on either of the handle bars? :wave

·
Registered
161 Posts
Harley has a iPhone case that's waterproof and magnetic .. maybe a plate to a mirror hole with the case stuck to it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Seabury1 said:
I want to find a simple but functional means to attach my I-phone to my 1200 LT handlebars. Maybe one of the holes on either of the handle bars? :wave
RAM makes a cradle specifically for the iphone... Attached photos show two possible options for mounting.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Pelican i1015 with a PanaVise mounting system to mirror hole.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My concern would be water if it rained ... Life Case? .. I have one and it is waterproof ... I've dropped it in pools while working on them .... not sure I'd leave it in a pool for days though ... I don't think any of the above listed mounts would support the case ... might be a starting point

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
I"ve used the RAM mount, and found it quite robust. But I didn't like that it wasn't waterproof.

So I switched to the Lifeproof iPhone Case. Fully waterproof, and doesn't add much bulk to the phone so I leave the case on all the time.

I started with the Bike & Bar Mount but couldn't find an easy way to mount it to the motorcycle. So I swapped for their GoPro Mount which was much easier to bolt in place. The Bike & Bar Mount now lives on my bicycle, where I can use bicycle-specific tracking and GPS programs.

It's easy to snap the iPhone into the mount and lock it securely in place. Then I can pop it out and take it with me when I leave the bike.

The headphone port is accessible in the mount (and they make a waterproof headphone adapter cable), but I leave it closed off since I'm using Bluetooth to interact with the iPhone.

There is a bottom door to get to the Dock Connector for synching/charging, but you can't open the door while using the mount. I modified my mount so I can open the bottom door while the iPhone is mounted, as I often ride 24 hours or more. For most riders, the standard iPhone battery life should be more than sufficient for a full day's ride.

I've done a lot of research here and chased this all down, and LifeProof is easily the most robust and convenient solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts