BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up for an Experienced Rider Course in the Atlanta Area? I have been trying to get in one for about two years...

The state of GA tells me they can't schedule them b/c they need 12 committed (paid) riders. They told me that if I could find the 12, they would contract the instructor. Any instructors want to volunteer.

Between here and a few other friends, it should be easy to get the 12. I would really love to have a few from this site so that maybe I can another LT out their going out of bounds on the figure eights, besides me.

For scheduling, I am thinking March, though if 12 guys wanted to do it tomorrow, I would show up.
One day. Weekend or weekday? I like shamming out of work so I like weekdays, but...

From GA's Website http://www.dds.ga.gov/Training/motor/index.aspx

Experienced Rider Course (ERC)
If you are an experienced rider and would like to sharpen your skills and increase your knowledge about motorcycle safety and handling, the ERC is for you. The 9 hour ERC (approximately 5 hours of classroom and 4 hours of on-cycle instruction), was specifically developed for the experienced rider by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Students must furnish their own motorcycles for use in this class.

Enrollment fee, $150.00 (Out-of-state fee, $200.00) (May be free for military)

General Facts
Get Application (Applications are in Acrobat Reader format)
Schedules

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
You may also want to check out Atlanta Motorcycle Schools. Then click on Courses, then ERC, and then Sign Up. Right now it looks like Ken has a class on February 25. He schedules and then takes in riders, which is different from the state as you have found out.

I just took the course in October, so I'm not up for another one anytime soon. I've taken all but one one motorcycle course from them and I will vouch for them and the quality of what you will learn.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I just called and they will not be in the office until after January 2nd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts