BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of y'all plan to attend the 2007 Cycle World Int'l. M'cycle Show on Feb. 23-25 in Atlanta, GA, be aware that the location of the show has changed from previous years. Used to be at the Cobb Galleria, in NW Atlanta near the I-285 beltway. Not this year - new location is the Georgia World Congress Center in downtown Atlanta.

$2 off tickets are available from your friendly local motorcycle dealer, and if you're an AMA member, show your AMA card at the entrance and pick up $1 at the AMA booth inside the show.

- Bob

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Yep, they needed more room. Our site calendar shows the days, pick one and it will show you the location.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Shuttle IN ?

I read somewhere that they had shuttle service from area hotel to the Bike show... anybody remember seeing that?

Not familiar with new location, so you Atlanta folks, clue us in...parking, hotels... what do you recommend?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Don,

There are several hotels downtown within walking distance. I do not know about any shuttles there. Parking normally is pretty limited downtown but who knows what they plan to do for bike parking. The web site for a show lists parking but does not say where it is located. $4 or $5.

Try looking at the website for the bike show, they had hotel listed there with some decent prices before. The Embassy Suites is a great location if you want to spend fairly high dollars.

Another option would be to stay near the airport, or anywhere near a Marta station, and ride marta. It has a stop right at the World Congress Center.

http://motorcycleshows.com/motorcycleshows/static/staticHtml.jsp?id=359197

Glenn

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey,

They used to have a special area for bike parking but this year the show is at a different location. The new place is much larger hopefully as the show was to big for the old place. But parking is a huge question as it has never been there before. It is at the World Congress Center which has some large parking garages nearby and some outside parking. I don't know where they will plan to park bikes though. My first guess would be at a outside parking lot on the side.

Another question is parking at downtown hotels. Some of them normally only have valet parking which won't work with bikes. Hopefully this will all be thought about in advance or it could be quite interesting when, if the weather is decent, several thousand bike pull in for the show.

Glenn

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
bob_menton said:
If any of y'all plan to attend the 2007 Cycle World Int'l. M'cycle Show on Feb. 23-25 in Atlanta, GA, be aware that the location of the show has changed from previous years. Used to be at the Cobb Galleria, in NW Atlanta near the I-285 beltway. Not this year - new location is the Georgia World Congress Center in downtown Atlanta.

what a place to try and park. the parking is far from the buildings or they have a parkaing garage that was 10 bucks to park in for the day

hopefully they will change that for the MC show

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
BamaLT said:
I read somewhere that they had shuttle service from area hotel to the Bike show... anybody remember seeing that?

Not familiar with new location, so you Atlanta folks, clue us in...parking, hotels... what do you recommend?

shuttle in, or pay 10 bucks to park in the garage right accross the street

Tom

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
UltraLT said:
Do they usually have any special area for bike parking?

Ultra LT
when I was down there for the expo not long ago bike parking was 10 bucks just like it was for cars inside the parking garage. I may just drive my car down with a few friends.
Tom

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
gatorglenn said:
Hey Tom,

I'm not sure where the parking will be but on the show web site they say parking for $4 and $5.

Glenn
hmm maybe they dropped it for the bike show, unless that is in one of the other lots

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts