BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you suggest is the best storage bag you have used for mounting on the top case. Needs to be water proof and big. I have an expandable Cee Bailey, but it is not big enough for two up travel.

Ultra LT

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
UltraLT said:
What do you suggest is the best storage bag you have used for mounting on the top case. Needs to be water proof and big. I have an expandable Cee Bailey, but it is not big enough for two up travel.

Ultra LT
In addition to the thread on this topic that is currently running, every time I talk to an owner of one of these, I always hear great raves. I bought a Beemer Bag top case rack bag and like it, butt it's not waterproof like Kathy's Bag. Check it out.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I gots me one of them and I likes it. :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kathy's Bag

I also have one of Kathy's bags for the top rack that we have used over the past 2 years with very good results. Was tested in heavy rain on a trip to Florida last summer and everything remained completly dry. I figure that with the high center of gravity on the LT I would not want to go much bigger than this size.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I use a medium size 'clothes sack' from Helen2Wheels. http://www.helen2wheels.com/products/index.html Fits the footprint of the stock top rack and straps to the rack with Helen's unbeatable straps. Waterproof and they have a couple of handles for easy totin' off the bike. I especially like that it opens wide sideways and allow quick and easy access if you need something in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
+1 for what Dick said. We have one and it is easy on easy off and works really well. I cannot attest to it being water proof, we've been lucky so far.

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
I have the Chicane Trunk Rack bag and it is fantastic. Comes with a hidden rain cover and mounts better than any I have seen, plus they even have a small cooler that fits in half of it. Don't go too big, because the weight limit on that rack isn't much and total weight on the trunk itself is only like 25# (and I am sure NONE of us have EVER exceeded that :histerica ).

·
Registered
507 Posts
Lonewuff said:
I have the Chicane Trunk Rack bag and it is fantastic. Comes with a hidden rain cover and mounts better than any I have seen, plus they even have a small cooler that fits in half of it. Don't go too big, because the weight limit on that rack isn't much and total weight on the trunk itself is only like 25# (and I am sure NONE of us have EVER exceeded that :histerica ).
I agree with Lonewuff. I have the Chicane "Sierra" top rack bag and am very pleased with it. There is not a picture of the Sierra bag on the Chicane web site but it is similar to the "Dune" that they do picture. The Sierra has a lower profile. Recently there was (maybe still is) what looked to be a Sierra advertised for sale by one of the forum members on the Classified forum at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Storage Bags

I know I asked about bags for the top rack, but looking at Helen's products, the storage bags with top zipper. Are they waterproof, does it rub the paint on the side storage covers.

They look real interesting and would keep the weight down lower.

Ultra LT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts