BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought myself a '99 K1200LT and my girlfriends wants armrest to feel safer.

I can get my hands on a set from a '12 K1600GTL.
Does anyone know if they would fit?

Otherwise, I read about the ZTechnik at $550:surprise: but they are out of stock.
Same for the Don Muddiman's Eagle Innovation's Armrests, he is out of stock.
Nothing on Ebay.

Where could I find such a thing?

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I am fairly certain the arm rests for the K 1600 will not fit without considerable modifications. The only ones I know of at the two you mentioned. When I had my LT, I had the Ztech's and they worked good, and were fairly easy to install. The only down side to them is that you have to flip them up to open the top case. I have no idea where you can find them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip on the K1600 armests.
For Don, here is what he put on the website:
"If your looking for the K1200LT Armrests they have been Discontinued. I have none in stock or know where to purchase them".
Looks pretty clear to me!

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
That and it looks ghetto.
It looks too nice to be a ghetto mod. I didn’t think it looked worse than most armrests, I am just a little concerned with the structural integrity over time. It may well be fine.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
The Ztechnik armrests i have are the same basic idea. Reinforced with plate steel inside the trunk. Granted. The Ztechniks are beefier brackets.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Goldwing idea is interesting.
Not sure how they fold though. Wouldn't hold the sleeping wife :)

But why do videos guys have to take soooo long to tel their stories!

·
Registered
10 Posts
looks good indeed. agreed on no-warranty. keeps us posted after riding two-up for a good amount of miles, to see if the plastic holds up (I have time getting this done, i'd contemplate reinforcing the inside of that "box" with some extra fiberglass but if it stays good on yours i'd go without of course :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts