BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a supposedly BMW J&M new headset for my K1200LT over ebay but it does not produce any sound with my stock cord. I bought 2 other BMW 6 pins headsets last year and both work fine. So I am wondering if there is more than one 6pins layout for BMW headset or if this headset is defective .
Thanks

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
All of the BMW pinouts are the same with the 6 pin arrangements. They are also the same as the J&M 6 pin CB/Intercom and all other J&M 6pins. Some of the cords have different style connectors, but you would not have been able to add the lower cord if that was the case.

Ron

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I thought so the headset must be defective. I contacted the ebay seller and she is saying that since the item was sealed and I opened it to test it she cannot take it back!!
She is saying that I should go to BMW and get it swapped!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the pics of the BMW headset I bought as well as the pinout of my current stock connector. While my stock connector has 6 pins only the new headset connector has 8 holes. The headset came with a small cord that I also show in the pics this cord has 8 pins. I tried to connect my 6 pins cord directly to the new headset without using the additional cord but got no sound at all. If this is a genuine BMW headset (which seems to be the case as it says BMW Heaset # 82 00 0 419 582 on the box) then BMW has more than one pinout, one with 6 and one with 8 :confused: Can this headset work on my bike with some special 6 to 8 pins adaptor cord??

First pic shows my current cord pinout that connects to the headset
Second pic shows the 8 pinout on the new headset
Third pics shows both ends of the additional cord that came with the new headset

Thanks a lot of any suggestion

Attachments

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
If I am reading your post properly, I think you need the cord from the link below. Take a look and see if this is the configuration for you.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JM-HC-ZJM

These cords are shorter in length than the actual BMW cords when used in the rider position.

Ron

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kellenbenz said:
If I am reading your post properly, I think you need the cord from the link below. Take a look and see if this is the configuration for you.

These cords are shorter in length than the actual BMW cords when used in the rider position.

Ron
Yes, that looks like the cord I need. You got it Ron. Big thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
kellenbenz said:

Ron
It is shorter but is long enought to work. It's what I use.

The headset made by J&M is an 8 pin headset but the lower cord converts the 8 pins to 6 for use in J&M and BMW intercom systems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts