BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned several Arai helmets over the years and have been happy with them. I have found an Arai model that fits me pretty well. I currently own a Signet/GT, but have tried on an Astral and think it fits better.

I am wondering if there is someone out there that has made a move from Arai to Schuberth? I am most interested in finding someone that was happy with their Arai and is now happy with their Schuberth. What model Arai did you have and which Schuberth are you wearing now. Or maybe there is someone that has made the change in the opposite direction?

I am thinking about a Schuberth for my next helmet. My current model is about 5 years old. I would really like to have a helmet that I can remove the lining and wash, which almost all high quality helmets have these days.

I have been happy with the German vehicles I have owned. Now I am thinking of trying a German helmet!

Eric

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
James,

Since you own an Arai Quantum and a Schuberth Concept, can you tell me about the "fit" of each? The Quantum is generally for a rounder shape head. I have the Signet which is for long oval shapes. It seems from first inspection that the Astral might be better for me. It is for wide oval shapes.

So how is the comfort of each for you? In the long run the comfort is the most important thing to me. I do like the sunsheild feature of Schuberth. I have my eye on the J1, but I might do the S1 instead. I am not a fan of the flip front design, but I don't smoke either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.