BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got three weekends between now and STC on April 22. For those that are going to STC and then for those not going, do we want to try and do a RTE on say the 8th or 15th??

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,899 Posts
Steve you gota pick a place on MY side of Atlanta. Fenders looked great but that's a five hour dive one way! Lookin forward to Iron horse in April see ya there fer sure.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jzeiler said:
Steve you gota pick a place on MY side of Atlanta. Fenders looked great but that's a five hour dive one way! Lookin forward to Iron horse in April see ya there fer sure.
Please explain to me how that's a problem?! ;) :p

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,899 Posts
I just enjoy sleeping in on Saturdays. I would have to get up too early to make it by Noon (change in time zones means it is really a 6 hour drive). I'm just whining because I had too many honey do's this weekend.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
8th ok

I think the 8th would be a better split between now and the STC. Lets go south since we went north last time.

Steve_R said:
We've got three weekends between now and STC on April 22. For those that are going to STC and then for those not going, do we want to try and do a RTE on say the 8th or 15th??

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I goofed!!!!

You know what? I screwed up. I should have said the 7th or the 14th. But South on the April 7th sounds like a good idea. Any suggestions and how far south? And Greg, the answer is "No" on Hooters. ;)

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm in for the 7th. Got the battery all charged up and ready to go!!!! :dance: Heading south sounds good.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Noticed you didn't post up about missing on Saturday. Do you have a dent in the back of that new helmet? You know, the one where Jan beat you on the head all the way back to Braselton. :rotf:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Steve_R said:
Noticed you didn't post up about missing on Saturday. Do you have a dent in the back of that new helmet? You know, the one where Jan beat you on the head all the way back to Braselton. :rotf:
Yeah, I'm still paying for that stupid mistake. I have a bad habit of shutting off the bike by kicking out the side stand. Sometimes I forget to switch off the key. :mad: I am thinking about wiring some kind of alarm in the side stand ignition cut out wire so when the stand is out the alarm will sound until the key is switched off. Wiring a relay inline which controls current from a wire keyed to the ignition switch should do the trick. :)

One lesson learned is that a very dead battery cannot be jump started, at least John R's LT wouldn't do it. After a couple of hours on the charger at Blue Moon we finally were able to head home to give the battery a good overnight charge. BTW, I mounted the charger behind the rear seat so I will never be away from home with no way to charge the battery! :bmw:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
dont feel too bad....

I accidently switched on my running lights when I parked the bike at Fenders. Luckily it was not as dead as your bike cause Steve jumped the bike after about 5 minutes. Nice thing about the Odysee battery is you can drain it down dead and it will recharge to normal in a nights time. It did not even have to have the ABS reset.

alstrickland55 said:
Yeah, I'm still paying for that stupid mistake. I have a bad habit of shutting off the bike by kicking out the side stand. Sometimes I forget to switch off the key. :mad: I am thinking about wiring some kind of alarm in the side stand ignition cut out wire so when the stand is out the alarm will sound until the key is switched off. Wiring a relay inline which controls current from a wire keyed to the ignition switch should do the trick. :)

One lesson learned is that a very dead battery cannot be jump started, at least John R's LT wouldn't do it. After a couple of hours on the charger at Blue Moon we finally were able to head home to give the battery a good overnight charge. BTW, I mounted the charger behind the rear seat so I will never be away from home with no way to charge the battery! :bmw:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts