BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Thom and I are pretty much settled into the apartment now, so I figured I'd invite folks over to say hi. I know a weekend might be easier, but Dayle will be up during the next week.

So is anyone free on Wednesday, August 2nd? We'll gather around 6:30 or so. I'll provide drinks, and we can order in pizza. Just a chance to say hi and spend some time with friends.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
So is it for you and Thom, or you and Dayle? Ken, Marilyn and I would love to drop by and check your new digs out! Sorry for not responding earlier, but I've been hopping up & down I-5 on business most of the week. Let us discuss it over the phone before the day arrives as to what we might bring.

John

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The apartment is for Thom and I, but Dayle is up this week and would like to say hi to everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Wednesday

We'll see if I'm working nights or not before we can commit to coming by. Sounds like a new chapter in one of Dayle's books being written here. ;)

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'll stop on the way home. I work late that day and should be coming that way about then. Only thing is, I don't see an address.

Where you at?

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I suppose an address would be helpful.

1221 NE 51st Avenue
Apt# 203
Hillsboro, CA 97124
805-302-9122

51st Ave is between Brookwood Parkway and Shute Road, just north of Cornell Road. The apartment complex entrance is on the left. Follow straight down until you see a building marked 15, then park in any uncovered space. #203 is up the stairs.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
We'll be a little late but keep the pizza warm for us. :D I'm working a late day shift. ;)

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
prestonbill said:
I won't be able to make it down but it would be tuff to make to Hillsboro, CA. :)o))}}}
Good catch, Bill. I guess my heart is still down in sunny SoCal. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ken,
Sorry I missed the function. I was planning on attending when a client called and this evening was the only time he could meet before going out of town.
Hope you tipped an extra one for me.
Jeff

Got a scheduled date for a new GT yet??

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We missed you Jeff, and spoke of you several times. In a good way, of course. :)

No date on a new GT yet, though it is getting very tempting. But the ASC won't be available until January, and the way work is going I may not have much time to ride between now and then anyway. When it gets close, I'll surely be picking your brains on options and farkles. :D

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
A good time had by all. Thanks Ken and Thom for the party.:cool:

·
Registered
577 Posts
meese said:
We missed you Jeff, and spoke of you several times. In a good way, of course. :)

No date on a new GT yet, though it is getting very tempting. But the ASC won't be available until January, and the way work is going I may not have much time to ride between now and then anyway. When it gets close, I'll surely be picking your brains on options and farkles. :D
Ken,
Speaking of farkles, you will definitely want to ride my GT again with the new seat, Cee Bailey's windshield, dropped pegs, and bar riser. Huge difference in comfort, at least for me. Also have added a "Line of Sight" rack for GPS and Valentine mounting and new aux light supports are in process. 5300 miles so far and the smile just keeps getting bigger!
Jeff

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I figured we might get the chance to trade bikes again sometime. I've got the Ohlins on, and will have a new clutch soon, so the LT should be all set up for you. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes on your GT. I've already budgeted in a few extra dollars for necessary upgrades and adjustments similar to what you've done. Still trying to figure out how to add an aux fuel tank to the GT, but retain the option of two-up comfort. I'm sure I'll get it figured out once a new bike is sitting in my garage. I already have several ideas. :)

In fact, at some point I'd like to see if I can ride yours again while Dayle is up here. We still do enough two-up riding that her input is important to the overall upgrade. Maybe we'll set up a group ride the next time she comes up for a visit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts