BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm using the Garmin Smartphone Link app paired with my NAV V and have Live Traffic services enabled. The issue that I'm having is that, if I have a destination programmed into the NAV V I keep getting notifications from the Garmin about insignificant traffic delays on my route (1 or 2 minutes on a 60 mile route) which will probably have cleared up by the time I get to them. Because I have the NavV paired with my Sena 20S headset these annoying alerts interrupt my music stream with a bothersome "bong" while they display a banner at the top of the Nav V.

I've searched the interweb, the Nav V, the Smartphone app, the Garmin website (pretty useless) and these forums but can't locate any way to turn off or silence these notifications. They might be useful if I could set a minimum delay time notification (i.e. allow notification of delays longer than 5 minutes, or 10% of the predicted travel time) but as they work now they are just an annoyance.

I can't seem to locate any way to send Garmin a support request so I'm hoping someone might be able to provide some insight.

Thanks,
Ski

·
Premium Member
5,166 Posts
Look carefully at the setting in the Smartphone link ap! There is a setting whereby you can turn the alerts on or off, and which alerts you want to see.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Look carefully at the setting in the Smartphone link ap! There is a setting whereby you can turn the alerts on or off, and which alerts you want to see.
Pad, I don't see this in the iPhone version of the Smartphone link app. Where are you seeing it? I assume you have an Android version.
Ed

·
Premium Member
5,166 Posts
Pad, I don't see this in the iPhone version of the Smartphone link app. Where are you seeing it? I assume you have an Android version.
Ed
Yes, I do have an Android phone. For me, from the main page of the ap, there is a gear icon next to the search box on top, and that is the setting icon. From there, you can turn the "Smart Notifications" on or off. You can also specify what allerts you want to see, or not see.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can try going to your iPhone "Settings - Notifications - Smart Link" and switch off "Allow notifications". I haven't tried this but it may work for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I do have an Android phone. For me, from the main page of the ap, there is a gear icon next to the search box on top, and that is the setting icon. From there, you can turn the "Smart Notifications" on or off. You can also specify what allerts you want to see, or not see.
I'm also using Android but even with Smart Notifications all OFF I still get random interruptions for "traffic Congestion" while I'm in the middle of a traffic jam or "15 minutes to Home" when I don't have a destination entered.

I like the app but wish it allowed better customization.

Thanks,
Ski

·
Premium Member
5,166 Posts
I'm also using Android but even with Smart Notifications all OFF I still get random interruptions for "traffic Congestion" while I'm in the middle of a traffic jam or "15 minutes to Home" when I don't have a destination entered.

I like the app but wish it allowed better customization.

Thanks,
Ski
I wonder if that has to do with your phone? I had a Samsung phone, and that didn't behave very will with Nav V, but nothing to complain about. Recently, I changed to Pixel, and the behaviors have been perfect!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I mute the device directly.
There is an option on the gps. In the Main tools page.
With tha muted the issue is solved.

QUOTE="Skibumwi, post: 1713977, member: 102625"]
Hey all,

I'm using the Garmin Smartphone Link app paired with my NAV V and have Live Traffic services enabled. The issue that I'm having is that, if I have a destination programmed into the NAV V I keep getting notifications from the Garmin about insignificant traffic delays on my route (1 or 2 minutes on a 60 mile route) which will probably have cleared up by the time I get to them. Because I have the NavV paired with my Sena 20S headset these annoying alerts interrupt my music stream with a bothersome "bong" while they display a banner at the top of the Nav V.

I've searched the interweb, the Nav V, the Smartphone app, the Garmin website (pretty useless) and these forums but can't locate any way to turn off or silence these notifications. They might be useful if I could set a minimum delay time notification (i.e. allow notification of delays longer than 5 minutes, or 10% of the predicted travel time) but as they work now they are just an annoyance.

I can't seem to locate any way to send Garmin a support request so I'm hoping someone might be able to provide some insight.

Thanks,
Ski
[/QUOTE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts