BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, I have my XT installed. I ride in timed rallies and don't believe the BMW system is set up for that kind of experience. I enjoy the ability to make changes quickly without having to dig the phone out to do it. I do enjoy using the bike's nav screen to see a second map at a different scale. My 2021 (like many in the US, I think) did not come with a radio, so I left my helmet set up to the XT and just run my music and directions through the XT. I used a second iPhone that was sitting around without a SIM card for the bike's system and that seems to be working well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't have an XT but I still use my Zumo 660. I will continue to use it untill/if I get the connectivity/voice issues resolved with the TFT and App on the new bike.
I suspect that I will probably use it after that when leading tours etc as they can be quite long and complicated when planned on BaseCamp. I've included some pictures if they are of any use.
Steve P

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Personal luxury car
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Automotive design
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
77 Posts
I mounted in the usual way of attaching the fitting, a longer extension is needed so it sits just above the brake reservoir. I had the Wunderlich mirror bracket (from my 2014 RT) that holds the brake lever assembly in place. It is a little slimmer from memory than the original. Then wired direct to the battery, need to take a couple of panels off but it was a quick job.

I never use the TFT GPS, maybe one day it may become as usable as the Zumo XT, the ability to make changes, view the nearest... When taking or making calls on the TFT it also shows on the Zumo so you can use either to disconnect.

Finally the mirrors on the 2021 are way better than the 2014, they don't vibrate so aren't needed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How do you guys connect an external GPS to a 2021RT?
I use a FZ1 power connector with a trigger for the built in relay from a connector under the tail that is for a plug-in to either an EZCAM or Can 3. The FZ1 has 6 terminals and I use one of the terminals to power the XT that I have mounted on the tright side of the bars on my 2021 R1250RT. Otherwise, if you are wanting just one connection that is switched power, the same connection under the tail will work for a single switched power source. You have to figure out which of the multiple wires going into the connector is plus and minus 12VDC.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I use an ezCAN - one outlet powers the Zumo XT on the LHS of the bars, one powers the INNOV K3 camera system and a third provides power to a flying SAE connector for my heated gear. Still one outlet free.......

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Amazon has a sale on the Zumo XT with $100 off for a short time.

I got mine from Garmin cause I was afraid to get a chinese copy...or some other imitator ... as it has happened to me in the past.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts