BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
seen 'em.. thought about it... then said "Nope". Seems to me it's just another gimmick to seperate us from our $.

Have you ever ripped open a bean bag chair? I have. It isn't a pretty sight and my wife made me and my boss (we were 'baby sitting' and drinking beer at his house).

The good news, we got to use his show shovel in South Louisiana.

·
Registered
208 Posts
yea..ummm

My opinion..dont waste your time! Do some searching on the internet on them, you will hear what others have had to say...

·
Registered
628 Posts
I can tell you this. Truck drivers have used golf balls and engine coolant in this way and for the most part the real draw back is the temp issue and the long term issues as well as those tires will get between 100 and 300 thousand miles of use between changes. The physics of having anything inside the wheel explain how it works, and it does, some have even just used engine coolant and water. The issues in a truck also are that the tires are re-treaded 2-3 times and some end up with a million miles so damage to the inside can be an issue. It seldom is but I have seen pictures where it has been.
Long story short, It is very unlikely that something like a small marble inside a bike tire would have anything but a positive effect. Would I do it? With some experimentation, yes. I sure wouldn't pay for them though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts