BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at these vinyl pouches to add some storage to my bike. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Tech-support says they use 5 snaps so I would have to drill into the knee pads :( But the bike is tight on places to keep stuff you might want handy.
Any comments on these?
Ed

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
I have a set on my LT. They work as advertised. You do have to drill to mount them, and they are handy for things like windshield rags, a small bottle of sunscreen, glove liners, etc.

I mounted them using their template, but if I did it again i'd move them a bit further forward and up. I'm 6' and 34" inseam, and my knees bump the bottom of the bags. It's OK if I just have rags on the bottom, but if the sunscreen slips to the bottom then I can feel it.

So they're OK, and do add some more useful space. I'd probably buy them again if I got a new LT.

Have you seen this bag? Made by one of our own.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking bags that hung under the passenger arm rests (if you have them) would also be useful for the rear passenger. Cup holder also.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Anyone know if these guys are still around?

I tried their website and it is all "messed up"

I also tried to find and email address but came up empty.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

·
Registered
252 Posts
I bought and installed a set a few years ago. They are great for gloves, sunglasses and other little things, I want to keep handy. I really love them for road trips. I no longer have to deal with a tank bag for snacks and the extras. I thought I had heard that RMH was no longer going to make them and haven't seen them on ebay for quite a while either. If you can still find them, they are worth the price IMO.

Lowell

·
Registered
470 Posts
Have had them for years and love them. Left one holds a small bottle of water at times along with other things....

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
anyone got a contact phone# or want to get rid of your fairing pockets.

·
Registered
607 Posts
pauleknight said:
anyone got a contact phone# or want to get rid of your fairing pockets.

Paul, no pockets, but I think I have a Chicane tank bag available. I will have to look this weekend when I get home.

PM if interested.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
GlennM86 said:
Paul, no pockets, but I think I have a Chicane tank bag available. I will have to look this weekend when I get home.

PM if interested.

Cheers,
Glenn
Glenn,

Thanks for the offer, but I already have a tank bag that works great. I did a mod on a magnetic bag from my old VTX, put some staps on the top to go around the radio and a strap up from under the seat with a clip that hooks to the bottom of the bag.

I saw the RMH fairing pockets a few weeks and really like the location and the design.

maybe I need to make some myself.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,981 Posts
This is from my receipt. RMH Enterprises, Inc. Russ Harlan 1402 Sudden Valley Bellingham WA 98229 [email protected]. If Russ is no longer making these I can get a quote from the company that does our custom upholstery & car covers. They have made some custom holders for my LT. Also if Russ has a minium order I now have a second LT and would be like to buy another set. Maybe we could see how many LT owners are interested.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Saddleman

Let me know how you make out.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts