BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, I'd love to know how you hooked it up and what CB you used. I have the Baehr K1200LT and love it. I have my MP# and GPS wired in with no problem. Really confused about a CB radio though. I've looked at a few handheld midlands and Cobras to put on it, but I'm not sure if they will cooperate with the Baehr.
What radio, cables, and PTT switches did you use?
Thanks guys, I appreciate your help!
Jeff

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Have the set up your questioning ... been a few years ago when Raffy was our local Nor-Cal baehr dealer. Look him up and see if he may still have some inventory ?

My "00" LT has both a GMRS/FRS radio and CB installed with 99.9% of the use on the gmrs/frs radio. CB's just are so limited with all the chatter and noise you have too squelsh out :(

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
motorhead said:
Have the set up your questioning ... been a few years ago when Raffy was our local Nor-Cal baehr dealer. Look him up and see if he may still have some inventory ?

My "00" LT has both a GMRS/FRS radio and CB installed with 99.9% of the use on the gmrs/frs radio. CB's just are so limited with all the chatter and noise you have too squelsh out :(
Just to confirm, then: you have the Baehr intercom with that FRS/GMRS setup? That's what I'm looking to do. Would love to know the specifics of how you got it to work, what brand of radio, how mounted, PTT (very important, IMO), etc.

Details, please. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yup, The Baehr LT specific comm system.
It is a rider/pillion 2 way, has 4 external devise inputs.

I have Radar on 1, GPS voice on 2, MP3/or cell phone on 3, GMRS/FRS with a homemade selector switch allowing alternating PTT function on 4 ( So am operating 5 external devises in reality)

GMRS/FRS is the ICOM unit Raffy was selling, CB the midland handheld with the external power battery pack attachment.

All the connection cables, PTT switch and harness's hooking it all up were plug & play OEM Baehr pieces.

Without Raffy's web site that showed ALL the cable/plug application info, really can't offer any more help at that point :confused: ... can I ?

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Thanks, Scott. With the exception of the radar unit, that is the same setup I have, including the Icom. I guess I just need to figure out how to make the Icom work.

I saw your Icom mount - or one just like it - 3-4 years ago on this site.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
hschisler said:
Thanks, Scott. With the exception of the radar unit, that is the same setup I have, including the Icom. I guess I just need to figure out how to make the Icom work.

I saw your Icom mount - or one just like it - 3-4 years ago on this site.
Likely mount you saw was mine, been in that position @ 5 years now and had shared the install way back when ;)

The harness's required for the Icom or a CB will be the PTT switch harness, also the dual pin plug that go's into side of the ICOM radio.
Those two pieces should get you going. I will try and get into my original box where I kept ALL the info and packages the pieces came in, If I can make out whats what and give some part numbers will do so ASAP.

Scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it! It took a while, but I finally made the two match up perfectly. When I contacted Baher they told me they had no experience with this radio and offered $300+ worth of suggestions in their cables that may work. I built a cable that works great. The transmit and receive are crystal clear. If anyone needs help, let me know; I'll gladly save you the suffering! LOL! :rotf:

·
Registered
222 Posts
What CB did you end up using? I have the Midland and the Baehr 1200 also, but haven't been able to get them to work. Thanks for any help.
Ken

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Ken, I used the Midland 75-822 radio and made my own cable. I had a hard time getting it to work but now folks I ride with tell me it sounds better than most! I love it integrated into the Baehr.
Jeff

·
Registered
607 Posts
Raffy, I guess it is safe to say that you don't have any inventory left then?

Cheers,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts