BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hotel in Russellville called me a few days ago and wondered if our group was going to return in 2019. I told her I would post the question and let her know as they really enjoyed having us there (I know we spent some $$$ there). I personally liked the hotel and the arrangements they had for us and I would like to go back. I have more roads to ride in AR and never made it to Eureka Springs.

So is there an interest in a re-do at that location? If so how about the normal time frame for CCR like in late August so we can avoid all those spring rains. Now is the time to try and get this set up. I welcome any suggestions for alternate locations as well but would like to stick to the time frame of late August. What say you all? I am up for it!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
We really enjoyed it and would look forward to a re-do...same place and whenever it fits for all.

Ron and Delores

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Sounds good to me.:bmw:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Add Gretchen and myself as being interested in a reunion reunion.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Good here.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I might be persuaded to go there again although when I mentioned it to Susan, she immediately opted out. I can't believe I missed Missouri by less than 10 miles.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
We regretted not being able to attend last year and would very much like to be there this year if it happens. There is a potential scheduling conflict for us again this year but that hasn't been figured out yet. So put us down as "tentative".

Thanks, John.

Reactions: radar41

·
Registered
610 Posts
"So how about the normal time frame for CCR like in late August so we can avoid all those spring rains."

John are you thinking maybe August 28 - 31? That looks good to me.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Bob Bacon and I were on a NY Day ride today, and were talking about another CCR-R. I don't know if I can pull off the same location, since I will already be coming back to the National MOA in Lebanon (Nashville, TN).

How about Colorado? Kill two birds with one stone:
  • Great Riding
  • John Z. gets a few more miles on that rebuild... :)

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
In all honesty I would be reluctant to do Arkansas in late August...

While the rain may not spoil a ride and force us all together, the humidity and mosquitoes will.

Then again, the mosquitoes (if properly trained) could provide additional downforce in the corners...

Attachments

Reactions: Mark65

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
I'd be interested in 2020 I'm planning on going to my first MOA rally this year.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'd be interested in 2020 I'm planning on going to my first MOA rally this year.
Dave I can’t believe you’ve never been to an MOA national! You’ll have a great time, it’s going to be nice in TN in June! BTW thanks for the great work on my FD! Happy new year!

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
Dave I can’t believe you’ve never been to an MOA national! You’ll have a great time, it’s going to be nice in TN in June! BTW thanks for the great work on my FD! Happy new year!
I'm not into rally's or camping but this one is close and I figured I would give it a try.

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
I am impressed that the hotel called you. That says a lot about them. I agree that they accommodated us well letting us use the large room and being flexible on bringing food pretty much on demand and such. And being right beside the Honda shop worked out great with my ruined rear tire!

Linda and I also enjoyed the gathering (I can’t call it a REunion since it was our first time. LOL), but I have to be honest and admit that I am not sure I can handle southern temps in August. I barely handled the temps in May. :grin: I can do heat, but I don’t do humidity well. I love the desert southwest. When the humidity gets above 70%, I need temps that are 80 or below.

And I have a board meeting on August 27th that I can’t miss so late August likely will be troublesome for more than just heat. I will miss two board meetings in May and June for our Alaska trek and missing a third in one year looks bad ... especially when you are the chairman. :surprise:

Put me down as interested, but not committed at this point. Once you finalize dates I will make the call. If it wasn’t 3 days’ ride each way for us it would be easier, but it takes at least a full calendar week for us to get that far and back from northern PA. Now if you get into the VA, or WV area some year, that is a no brainer. :grin:

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
In all honesty I would be reluctant to do Arkansas in late August...

While the rain may not spoil a ride and force us all together, the humidity and mosquitoes will.

Then again, the mosquitoes (if properly trained) could provide additional downforce in the corners...
Makes you want to keep riding!:surprise:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could do something in Colorado but every time I have gone there I had some rain. Not committed to Arkansas, always up for something new. Lets have some ideas. Any one want to set one up in your neck of the woods. PA could be nice as well. Been through there a few times but never hung out.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I'm partial to Northern CA... :)

TONS of riding, and NO Humidity in the Sierra Foothills. Cheap Hotels in my area, and literally thousands of miles of choices.

I live just outside Placerville (circled). Within 75 minutes of Lake Tahoe. Ebbetts Pass (CA-4) one of the best roads in the US is a great day ride. Yosemite 2 hours south. Ride up Highway 49 to the Gold Discovery Site (it's all gone).. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Jan and I would love to take a ride to California this summer but I don't know if enough of the others would be able to. I think that was part of the reason for the demise of the original CCR.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts