BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Not in a place I can watch the video at the moment but 2 weeks ago, I passed by several rescue vehicles on the dragon where someone had gone over and they had not gotten him back up to the road at the time I went by. No one was rushing around so I wonder about the person if they survived. I don't know what happened and riding with a friend and both went over, I wonder if it was something or someone coming the other direction. Again, I am not able to watch the video yet so if he mentions what happened, I will watch it later when I am in a location where I can view it. I have passed by many places where someone was off the road whether it was through their own actions or someone else riding beyond their means. Be careful out there.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,981 Posts
The article I read said the BMW rider rear ended the Victory rider's bike when the Victory bike slowed down. It also said the rider on the Victory bike is the rider that died.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Finally got to watch the video. Very sad to watch but glad he survived. He said he was being stupid and there is no room for that on those type of roads. I give anyone in front plenty of room and if someone comes up behind, I let them by.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Finally got to watch the video. Very sad to watch but glad he survived. He said he was being stupid and there is no room for that on those type of roads. I give anyone in front plenty of room and if someone comes up behind, I let them by.
The two riders were friends riding together. Only the survivor knows for sure but maybe just a split second of inattention by trailing rider when leading rider slowed led to the tragedy. A better choice of protective head gear however may have prevented the unfortunate death. The following are links to photos of the two just prior to the accident.

Xtreme Sports Photography at PhotoReflect.com - DRAGON Photos Oct 15th, 2016 Sat

Xtreme Sports Photography at PhotoReflect.com - DRAGON Photos Oct 15th, 2016 Sat

·
Registered
178 Posts
Very sobering. I'm glad the gentelemen survived. It's always a challenge to not get too macho and pay attention to the road, even when you are surrounded by beauty. I have only ridden the Dragon once (on my Valkyrie) and I enjoyed riding much faster than my buddy on his HD. In the back of my mind, I have always wondered if I will be even more aggressive the next time (most likely on the LT). That remains to be seen, but videos like this helps me keep things in perspective.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I was riding the dragon on the 16th. I bet the video i have mentioned in my first post is of that rescue as I passed by. It was around 3:15 and people coming the other way were alerting oncoming riders of something ahead. I will see if I can post it tonight.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts