BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a set of used in good condition LED lights,bracket and wiring to fit my 2018 RT as I am thinking of fitting them to my bike. I don't want aftermarket lights as I don't really ride of a night unless I have no choice and prefer the BMW o.m.e. lights and fitment etc.
I am aware that you can buy them from O/S but with our conversion rates, customs duties, and postage they work out cheaper to buy the new ones from BMW dealers here.
I have searched all over most of the Australian wreckers and local accessories places with no luck. Any help or advice on the cheaper alt would be grateful.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good luck mate. They would be as rare as rocking horse shit over here. I bit the bullet and bought a set of Clearwater Ericas. So much better, and heaps of extra functionality for other parts of the bike thrown in.
IMO, Clearwaters are worth it.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Hello Geoff - I have had a set of Denali lights on my RT since 2016 - and they have worked well for over 100,000 km. I have the D4 set, and they punch something like 3,500 lumen per side. I have them connected up via a Hex EZcan controller, which makes hooking them up easy, and also allows me to set different brightness levels for day and night, as well as being able to adjust the brightness using the multicontroller. Have a look here:
Denali

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys and you are both correct they would be hard to get over here and may well go with the Clear waters / Denali lights at a later date. I am not in the position to justify the cost of getting them here with our exchange rate etc at the moment. Plus I am not riding any more than I need to of a night. I am in the progress of changing the colour of the bike so have that plus the upcoming and pending speed court procedure to deal with before that even makes sense spending the $$$ on lights that I won't use that much.

Reactions: Nil_Time
1 - 4 of 4 Posts