BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old Dawg
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a NavIII off a member here about 2 years ago but it only worked intermittently since arrival so I would like to take another shot at getting one that works like they are supposed to. Does anyone have one laying around?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,941 Posts
I have two but that is why they are lying around. Screen touch failures and one lost the GPS receiver. Tried transplanting the screen covers but they donor failed also. No support from Garmin so good luck finding one that still works.

Reactions: scottydawg

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
I bought a NavIII off a member here about 2 years ago but it only worked intermittently since arrival so I would like to take another shot at getting one that works like they are supposed to. Does anyone have one laying around?
I am curious why you want a III rather than a V? Is cost the main reason? The III no longer holds much of the database and has other issues. I switched to a V two years ago and never looked back.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I agree with John and Voyager. I replaced the Nav III originally installed on my 07LT with a Garmin 590LM and never looked back. I donated the Nav III at the 2014 CCR auction and they only got about $25 for it. The old system is no longer supported and memory capacity is extremely limited. Better to seek out a newer system...

·
Old Dawg
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it is more for a placeholder because I am planning on selling the LT in the next year. How hard is it to adapt the Nav V ?

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Don't know about the Nav V that is on my GTLE, but the 590LM was relatively easy if you're somewhat handy with tools. I used the existing Nav III mounting bracket with some spacers and four longer screws, enlarged the wiring opening on the bracket to enable the 590LM's larger wiring loom to snake through it and routed the wiring under the tupperware above the tank back to a Centech AP-2 fuse block.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Don't know about the Nav V that is on my GTLE, but the 590LM was relatively easy if you're somewhat handy with tools. I used the existing Nav III mounting bracket with some spacers and four longer screws, enlarged the wiring opening on the bracket to enable the 590LM's larger wiring loom to snake through it and routed the wiring under the tupperware above the tank back to a Centech AP-2 fuse block.
The Nav V is completely plug n play. Unplug two Nav III connectors and plug in the two Nav V connectors. Install the Nav V cradle on the factory GPS mount and you are in business. Audio through the VOICE II intercom just like the Nav III. The only hard part is writing the check. :grin:

·
Old Dawg
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Navi III that I just took off my bike. I would sell it if you need it. What is it worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will send a PM Larry. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts