BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately while selling our house in Paradise CA one of the 3 pre-sale inspectors or perhaps potential buyers walking thru stole my Nav V, at least I am quite sure of this for reasons I won't go into. If you have upgraded to VI or otherwise have a V or VI to sell let me know. I put the post here as I assume the ones designed to go into GPS prepped RT might be noticed here versus the classified.

Thanks

Reactions: Geoff c

·
IBR# 366
16,592 Posts
I have a BMW Navigator VI for sale. Two, actually. :)

These are the latest hardware, with the newest 5.80 software and 2022.10 map updates. I still have the original box and accessories, including the carrying case and weather cover for the mount.

I've sent you a private message.

·
Cat Herder
1,548 Posts
Unfortunately while selling our house in Paradise CA one of the 3 pre-sale inspectors or perhaps potential buyers walking thru stole my Nav V, at least I am quite sure of this for reasons I won't go into. If you have upgraded to VI or otherwise have a V or VI to sell let me know. I put the post here as I assume the ones designed to go into GPS prepped RT might be noticed here versus the classified.

Thanks
Damn... I hope you had the 4 digit lock engaged. Let Garmin know it was stolen. :confused:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I didn't unfortunately. Thanks for the tip on notifying Garmin, FWIW.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a BMW Navigator VI for sale. Two, actually. :)

These are the latest hardware, with the newest 5.80 software and 2022.10 map updates. I still have the original box and accessories, including the carrying case and weather cover for the mount.

I've sent you a private message.
Hi
I have a Nav V on my 2016 RT, I hadn’t been thinking of upgrading but may be interested, if you still have one available. I have no idea how much it would cost and may be too much for me, but anyway if you still have one for sale could you please let me know? I tried sending you a PM but it seems that as a new user I can’t do that.

Thanks

Howard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
I have a Nav V on my 2016 RT, I hadn’t been thinking of upgrading but may be interested, if you still have one available. I have no idea how much it would cost and may be too much for me, but anyway if you still have one for sale could you please let me know? I tried sending you a PM but it seems that as a new user I can’t do that.

Thanks

Howard
I have a Nav V I don't need. It has new Maps and software. Its not pretty, and the battery doesn't hold a charge very long. I spilled a little super glue on the screen, I would rather not tell you how that happened, that left a permeant scar on the screen. Its still usable. I upgraded from a 2015 GS to a 2018 RT. With the RT came the new to me VI. I have hung on the the V just incase I ever had my VI stolen. I can let it go really cheep Ed [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Nav V I don't need. It has new Maps and software. Its not pretty, and the battery doesn't hold a charge very long. I spilled a little super glue on the screen, I would rather not tell you how that happened, that left a permeant scar on the screen. Its still usable. I upgraded from a 2015 GS to a 2018 RT. With the RT came the new to me VI. I have hung on the the V just incase I ever had my VI stolen. I can let it go really cheep Ed [email protected]
Hi. Thanks. Maybe the OP could use that, but I do not. I have a Nav V (actually currently waiting for an exchange unit from Garmin...). Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks
I have a NavVI fir sale.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a nav IV with updated maps for sale.

Reactions: Geoff c

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all the escrow closed yesterday so we are packing now and hopefully the Nav V will appear magically, but I doubt it. I'm pressuring the two real estate agents who both scheduled the inspections AND advised us not to be there, to finance a replacement (of a used one of similar value). We hope to be out by the 26-28th of this month.

I decided to forego riding my '16 RT back to Denver area, which was my original plan, because it's really a transport ride on interstates, and I really am hoping to keep the bike until either I don't care to ride any longer or perhaps downgrade (yes, that is how I see it!) to a GS for lighter weight handling. I really love the '16 RT it's as fabulous today as it was on day 1. I calculated the cost of operation for my RT at very close to $.0.34, so really for Haulbikes to do the transport will only cost me $384 more than the cost or riding the bike there.

What would really speak to me even today is essentially an RT at ~525lbs, IOW a sport-tourer, exact same accoutrements including electrically adjustable screen, ABS Pro, Dynamic ESA, RT ergo, but the bike does not exist yet, but here's to hoping, w/o holding my breath! To get weight down to that level a 950cc 110HP inline triple or quad, belt-driven w/ 50K mile change interval for its light weight, clean, low/no maintenance and efficient power transfer to the rear wheel, lighter side cases and while were there hinged to open up from the top, etc. This bike would have essentially the same P:W ratio as current RT models, but less than current GS models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts