BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some Aux LED lights last year with the intention of possibly mounting under the wings. I thought while I had everything taken apart for all the service and refurbishing I'm doing this winter, I would finally add them. I saw a pic of an LT with under mirror lights and was rethinking my mounting, but just can't justify the price BMR products wants for those brackets, especially with all the other money I'm putting into the bike right now. Does anyone have some brackets laying around they might want to part with, or have suggestions on mounting? Also I know they could be mounted under the headlight but don't see a good way to do that either.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I still have some Ezy Mount brackets in the garage. Mounts lights under nose, inside fairing. They mount to existing inside fairing screws on bike. You can mount PIAA 1100's or anything same diameter in size

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These look nice on the LT! I guess I need to measure my lights to make sure they are the same size. They look about the same. If they would work I would be very interested!!!! Thank you!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Thank you! I look forward to getting them!
Just remember, they were made for the PIAA 1100's and they are pretty compact Halogen fixtures. Anything larger or lower could interfere with the fender and steering in certain conditions.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just remember, they were made for the PIAA 1100's and they are pretty compact Halogen fixtures. Anything larger or lower could interfere with the fender and steering in certain conditions.
Has anyone done any study or testing on the possible other light products that would work with EzyMount? I currently have PIAA 1100X but would LOVE to replace them with anything else that would fit. Tired of replacing bulbs every years....pricey little outfits.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never seen the PIAA's and can't really find a size on the 1100's online, but the lights I have seem pretty small (2" Cree lights). I hope they will work.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Seems to me that the PIAAs were about that same diameter...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Dont forget to allow for the extra distance the actual mounting foot of the light, moves the light body downward. Some of these light feet are larger than others. Just a warning..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts