BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2005 R1200RT . I am thinking of going to the K1200LT . I ride two up most of the time. Could you give me some feed back of the good and bad of doing this switch .
Thanks , Mike

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
smoooth

Careful, once you get used to that K engine, there will be no going back.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
mos said:
I currently own a 2005 R1200RT . I am thinking of going to the K1200LT . I ride two up most of the time. Could you give me some feed back of the good and bad of doing this switch .
Thanks , Mike
The two-up is the key. I went from a '99 R1100RT to an LT.

The LT is smoother, heavier (more of a hand-full at <5mph, but surprisingly similar to the RT at speed), better equipped -- but the big difference is more better passenger accommodations -- comfort, bast rest, heat in seat and back, individual audio controls, available adjustable-height floorboards,and space for armrests. No comparison.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mike,

I ride one up almost all of the time and have been thinking about going to a RT. I have a 2002 LT. Do you want to talk about a possible trade?

Frank

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bb2

I have been riding an R1150RT for three years and love it. My wife has been riding with me the last year and at the Rally in West Bend I demoed an LT. When we got home we looked at a used '04 LT. It is much more comfortable for two up riding. After a couple of test rides we bought it. It is definitely heavier and less nimble but it is great for two up riding. I am definitely keeping the RT to ride single on but I am really enjoying the LT also. Best answer is to get one of each! :dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts