BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here is going to the CCR in Idaho This year?
What days are you going and have you already made reservations for accommodations at the hotel?
larry

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Like Gary, we made our reservations way back when! So, yes. We are going for sure! As far as when, well since it will be the closest CCR ever for us, the final planning is not quite the effort it normally is. We're talking either a nice long day ride, or a very slow and easy overnight trip. Actual dates not yet pinned down.

John

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Yeah! Pauline and I are going for a long ride to get there via Grand Teton(s) and combine some Rose City Grand Tour checkpoints along the way.
:D

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I'm going Larry! I lived in Boise for a few years and grew up in Southeast WA. A side trip to Walla Walla for lunch and then up over the Blue Mountains over Tollgate, through Island City, to LaGrande is an obvious side trip. There are some great routes if you would like to share notes.

Like John said it's a nice long day ride or an easy overnighter.

For you to get there the easy way just take Hwy 26 to the Banfield and turn left at the fairgrounds exit.... In Boise! :rotf::rotf::rotf: 25 miles on a state highway and the rest on 1 Interstate. Crappy way to get there though!

429 miles but I bet we could do an easy 6-700!

Loren

·
Registered
478 Posts
:wave corine & i are going only 600 miles thinking of going via the north cascade highway and run south from winthrop.but not sure yet on route

·
Registered
656 Posts
My lady friend and I will be making the trip I had forgotten it until you mentioned it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Guys, you have brought tears to my eyes trying to figure out a route.

Use to live in Seattle and Vancouver, now live in Nebraska, think we will just go west to Salt lake then turn north. We will have to lean but not account of the curves..

Dennis

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You bet the Mrs. and I will be there! I think I've been to the last 8 CCRs and I'm not about to miss this one. I hear there is some great riding in that state.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I'm really looking forward to riding around Boise. When I lived there I had a family, hence no bike. North of Boise toward the McCall area is absolutely gorgeous.

Those of us coming from the Portland, OR area have the easiest ride. Get on I84 at the east side of the Willamette River and get off in Boise. The only interesting part of the trip on that route is the Columbia River Gorge and the Blue Mountains. The rest? Just set the cruise control and catch a nap until Farewell Bend on the Snake River.

Loren

ltcommuter said:
You bet the Mrs. and I will be there! I think I've been to the last 8 CCRs and I'm not about to miss this one. I hear there is some great riding in that state.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Well, you should be able to make the event! Aren't you near Spokane? If so you should have fewer miles to go than those of us in the Portland area.

Where are you going to go after Boise? Canyon Country, UT, the Grand Canyon?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Beemer2up said:
Guys, you have brought tears to my eyes trying to figure out a route.

Use to live in Seattle and Vancouver, now live in Nebraska, think we will just go west to Salt lake then turn north. We will have to lean but not account of the curves..

Dennis
Hey Dennis :wave
This will be my second CCR, and will be going through Lincoln on my way to Boise...Hope to see you at the one curve on I-80
Chris Ogle
Baldwin City, KS

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Well, you should be able to make the event! Aren't you near Spokane? If so you should have fewer miles to go than those of us in the Portland area.

Where are you going to go after Boise? Canyon Country, UT, the Grand Canyon?
Haven't really thought about it i usually point and GO, Sunvalley,Stanely Lowman for sure then all over the place, just find awsome roads, food, coffee. I like the pancakes, there the best, at the {{{Stanely baking company resteraunt}}}
Lunch by the creek with an alcohol free beer at {{{Kit riverside resteraunt.}}}

Over to Bakercity to the {{{Cattlemans steak house}}}

And oh yeah a PrimeRib Lunch in Cambridge, Hey the steaks is sooo good 1 - 1/2 Thick
WOW and one of the best I ever Had EVER.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts