BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!
First let me say what a great forum you folks have. :thumb: :thumb:

I am new to BMW, and just bought a 2005 LT w 14K. With help from here, I changed out all her fluids, lubed the shift linkage and added the Dice SilverLine iPod integration kit. :bmw:

I looked at the BMW parts fiche and noticed the radio buttons aren't spared? :wtf:
What happens if you damage one of the rubber boots on the control pad? Replace radio?

It would be nice to be able to open the radio up and replace the rubber boots if needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You don't get to replace just buttons from the dealer on this. After about two hours of plastic removal you will finally get to the "stingray" that holds the radio control.

The :histerica re is a circuit board just under those buttons, and the dealer $ is almost $700.?!?!!

A few have been fortunate enough to find used units if the radio doesn't work. If your radio works.. seal those buttons!

Good luck with it! I'm also riding an '05 and apart from the radio and a couple of small quirks it's my second favorite passtime! Happy Trails!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Keep checking ebay- I've gotten them for $100 bucks. I had to replace one for bad buttons and another with a bad display.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Cant help you with your inquiry...didn't even know it was a problem:confused: I did want to welcome you to the zoo and hope you enjoy the madness...:bike:

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I'll take her apart and silicone from the inside.
I currently have no issues with the radio, but was thinking that it would be nice to replace the "rubbers" before something goes awry....oh well.

Maybe I could get a answer from the manufacturer of the radio....

Rode her today :cool: what a sweet machine!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
tjb said:
Hi All!
First let me say what a great forum you folks have. :thumb: :thumb:

added the Dice SilverLine iPod integration kit. :bmw:
how did the Dice kit work out for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Joe,
It work well.
Sounds great, handlebar controls work and text scrolls across the radio display.

My only complaint so far is that the text will have (?) marks in it sometimes, don't know why. Example: E?lton John * Rocket Man

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
tjb said:
Hey Joe,
It work well.
Sounds great, handlebar controls work and text scrolls across the radio display.

My only complaint so far is that the text will have (?) marks in it sometimes, don't know why. Example: E?lton John * Rocket Man
That's because Elton John's character is very questionable! :histerica Couldn't refuse!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
That's because Elton John's character is very questionable! :histerica Couldn't refuse!
That was a good 'un. Sometimes one just cannot overcome their impulses, though it could get you flamed. But not so much on this board when it comes to humor.... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts