BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest for a lumbar support, and my dizziness from the price of the bakup backrests, even the used ones, I've looked at a couple other options. I may be the only one in this corner of the planet who actually LIKES the stock seat, so a Corbin replacement for the sake of a backrest isn't a logical option, but I came across a brand I never heard of before, "
Gruter and Gut" that as far as my limited research can come up with, they do a lot with ATV's and related machinery.

Question is, have any of you much more knowledgeable LT sages had any experience with them, and if so, should I cut and run or take a shot?

Pete

·
Registered
193 Posts
petevandyke said:
In my quest for a lumbar support, and my dizziness from the price of the bakup backrests, even the used ones, I've looked at a couple other options. I may be the only one in this corner of the planet who actually LIKES the stock seat, so a Corbin replacement for the sake of a backrest isn't a logical option, but I came across a brand I never heard of before, "
Gruter and Gut" that as far as my limited research can come up with, they do a lot with ATV's and related machinery.

Question is, have any of you much more knowledgeable LT sages had any experience with them, and if so, should I cut and run or take a shot?

Pete
Can you send me a link to their web site, I am interested... (I am looking for one too!)
THanks!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Pete,
I have a GG backrest. I also have the GG armrests. I did not realize what GG stood for. What I like best about it is its appearance. Looks like it came with the bike with exactly the same vinyl that BMW uses. Very high quality. I used to have a Bakup, and I found it to be more comfortable. The price of the GG backrest will make you very dizzy :) Here's one link that shows the retail price. Go to BMW and then K1200LT.

http://www.creativecycleconcepts.com/

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
arrggghhhhhh

you just HAD to mention the ebay listing.....

there goes another bargain

·
Registered
241 Posts
petevandyke said:
you just HAD to mention the ebay listing.....

there goes another bargain
Yep, we're ALL onto it now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts