BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
No-But???

No but I have one of these, that I am not using in my truck, I think I will break it open and try to modify it. Thanks for the idea, I will tell you how it goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had one for years

tmgs said:
CycleComm has been selling these for 20 years or more. I bought one for my wife's Virago back in 1988, and just replaced it with a Cobra hand-held this year. The Virago's vibration finally got to it and the circuit board cracked, but while it lasted, it worked very well. Good range, good clarity, and very dependable. And the extra circuitry they add to integrate a music source (we used a Walkman for years, then an MP3 player) also worked very well. Never had a need for the intercom.

Mounting is a bit problematic since it's just a box, but it's not hard to come up with something. A bit of a kluge, to be sure. But at that price, easy to accept.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Texas42 said:
No but I have one of these, that I am not using in my truck, I think I will break it open and try to modify it. Thanks for the idea, I will tell you how it goes.
What is the model number?

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
ghannah said:
CycleComm has been selling these for 20 years or more. I bought one for my wife's Virago back in 1988, and just replaced it with a Cobra hand-held this year. The Virago's vibration finally got to it and the circuit board cracked, but while it lasted, it worked very well. Good range, good clarity, and very dependable. And the extra circuitry they add to integrate a music source (we used a Walkman for years, then an MP3 player) also worked very well. Never had a need for the intercom.

Mounting is a bit problematic since it's just a box, but it's not hard to come up with something. A bit of a kluge, to be sure. But at that price, easy to accept.
I'm also looking at a Cobra handheld. How does it work? Are you able to patch it through the communication system on the LT (I have VOICE II)? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts