BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if they are still in business I've called several times and have sent emails with no response from either, So barring buying a custom saddle from them who has a good product at around the same price point. I've seen several names bandied about hoping someone has some insight on a couple manufactures.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Russell is very much in business. They are probably at Sturgis or on their way back. W got one for her ride (non-LT) and absolutely loves it. No butt burn, no back trouble (got the optional backrest). And, yes, they do LT seats. All work is custom. Satisfaction guaranteed,etc.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot about that...............Ok I'll give it a bit more time for a response. I like the look of their seats in the photo gallery LOL which is the only reason why I'm asking about them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
http://www.day-long.com/ is their URL.

I have one of their seats and the back-rest. Love the seat. I got it for the 99 and transplanted it to the 08.

Nice folks to do business with.

The only mistake I made was to get all leather. I should have stayed with Vinyl. Now I worry abou getting the leather wet when I ride in the rain....

·
Registered
219 Posts
they are out of the shop this week (and last too, I think). I have emailed them twice in the past two weeks and got responses the next day. I have a ride in appointment in October and they they have been very responsive in setting up the appointment and answering all my questions....

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is a group buy going on now as we speak. They are offering 20% off the total order if they get over 50 orders, which I just received an email that they did. This will happen in November. There is also a recent post on this on Aug. 9th in the Ergonomic and Rider Comfort forum. Sorry I don't know how to post a link :(

Hope this helps save you some $$ !!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Russel is in my opinion the best seat available...

This is definately their busy time of the year... So try to be patient..

John

·
Registered
832 Posts
wardenross said:
Russell? Oh yea!

Great seat and great folks to do business with. They know their stuff. Love the seat!
Russell saddles are +1 in my book too!.......
Just noticing.....I see the wife dosen't have the Russell under her! :histerica

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL Ya what's up with that??

kk610lt said:
Russell saddles are +1 in my book too!.......
Just noticing.....I see the wife dosen't have the Russell under her! :histerica

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Russel is in my opinion the best seat available...
Was thinking about this and didn't give our good friend Ron at KonTour seats any consideration.

I have never ridden one of his seats but I understand they are very comfortable ass well.

Like Butt-ahh...

John

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Kra961 said:
LOL Ya what's up with that??

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck there Curly. You and KK-Whatever are sure nosey sons-of-a-gun.

1. Blue Eyes is a petite lightweight, stock seat don't bother her.
2. She don't want one. What wifey wants, wifey gets.
3. She would rather put the $ in deck furniture.

So what's so dang funny?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kra961 said:
I'm wondering if they are still in business I've called several times and have sent emails with no response from either, So barring buying a custom saddle from them who has a good product at around the same price point. I've seen several names bandied about hoping someone has some insight on a couple manufactures.
I'm on my third Russell seat, One on a R80RT (125k), an R1100RT(47k) and now my K1200LT(110k). The LT set is the best of all three, don't know why. I live in Florida and have put the small square design vinyl on them. The small squares breath and the vinyl stands up to the rain. I guess I'm saying that Russell seats are the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a custom seat on the LT from Rich's Saddles in the Seattle area, but I've had three Russell Day-Long saddles on other bikes (2 Moto Guzzis and a K 1200 RS). The Day-Long's were great and didn't go with them this time because they tend to raise the rider's position a bit and with a short inseam, I couldn't afford to lose the reach to the ground on the LT. Also, the Day-Long's stitch their seats and is designed (unless they've changed their design over the past five years) to breath, which is great, but means they can leak like a sieve in the rain. I wanted to give Rich's a chance and I'm satisfied. I'm not sure if it is as comfortable for the 800 plus mile days, but it's very close, and I don't have to carry around the darn rain cover. I have 150K plus miles on Day-Long saddles and only 25K on the Rich saddle. You can't go wrong with the Day-Long saddle. However take a look at Rich's website. Good luck.
Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had Russell make me a seat for my GSA, had the heated option installed. I have had to send it back once for a loose stitch repair, they have replaced the heat switch once, and now the switch won't stay in place, it pops out every time I use the seat.

The seat is comfortable, but I've been less than thrilled with quality control.

They modify your original seat pan, so when you have to send it back for repair, the bike is down, or you order a Corbin to ride on while Russell has your seat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts