BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to swap the gauges from a later 2005 and up LT into a 2004 and earlier LT? If so, has anyone done it and anyone have pictures?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have no idea about later gauge, but if that is not practical you might want to add red or green lights on present gauge for a different look. I put red lights on mine and it worked great.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a comparison of the 04 and earlier gauges and the 05 and later gauges:

The later gauges are much smarter looking and of course much more modern-looking. Both seem to be the same general shape. I believe in the later models the 04 < left side computer now becomes the center part of the main gauges and something else is there, I'm not sure what. Somebody with a later model LT should be able to tell me

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wouldn't think you could swap them due to completely different set ups. The '04 and older are completely "analog" in their function, with no digital gauges or read outs other than the gear select. The '05 and newer have only the speedo and tach as "analog" and a digital screen for various bits of information. Pretty sure the wiring harness wouldn't match up either.
This is just educated guessing though.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The man to ask would be John Zeiler.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,914 Posts
And this is what the circuit boards look like on the 05 + all the lights are LEDs on the board.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts