BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - is anyone currently breaking their bike and have spares for sale?

I'm after the right hand side , lower rotor arm that drives the electric screen up/down. The top of the arm has snapped away, so the pin no longer holds and the screen flaps in the wind. Would you beleive that the bike has only done 4000 miles from new, so it's hardly been overused or abused !

thanks...

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Some of the folks here have mentioned they lubricate the pivot points to avoid the failure you described. They do this at each oil change. I haven't done this yet but will start at the next service.

Loren

boss_hogg said:

I'm after the right hand side , lower rotor arm that drives the electric screen up/down. The top of the arm has snapped away, so the pin no longer holds and the screen flaps in the wind. Would you beleive that the bike has only done 4000 miles from new, so it's hardly been overused or abused !

thanks...

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
boss_hogg said:

thanks...
I didn't see a sig that listed the year of your bike (hint, hint), but with only 4,000 miles is it old enough to be out of warranty? If not, I'd think this shold be a warranty issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts