BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I like the location better than the stock one I think. I was going to order one. But wondered if anyone else has tried one and liked it.

They are from Here

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I bought something similar to that. It used the hole through the had grips to mount a ball. Then an extension arm to the ball mounted on the holder.

It block my view of the rear view mirror.

I took it off and never got around to buying a longer arm so that it would be inside the handle bars.

Best from Gorham ME
Bob

·
Registered
679 Posts
I tried the on the handlebar cup holder, and didn't like it, blocked the mirror as another poster mentioned, and wasn't happy about the thing swinging around in an area where blow back can cause all kinds of a mess. I posted some time ago about a cup holder I use that I bought from sportsmans guide online for less than $10, comes with multiple bases for different applications, the holder body adjusts for shorter or taller drinks. I use the 3 suction cup base which attaches to the side of my "tank" tupperware, doesn't get in my way, its never ever come off no matter what I drink I have put in it (I don't drink lead, so I'm not really sure of it's limits :D ) It is a snap to remove when I don't want it out (where sticky fingers live) and it comes in several colors! check out the thread with pictures even! :wave
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54346&highlight=drink+holder

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
I thin I needs to go bake to skools????? I just checked out the sportsmans guide price, and it has gone up to $15 !!!!!!!!Duh! Exxxcuse Me. :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rotf:

·
Registered
530 Posts
30-50 oz camelback in or on your tank bag works great.....and with the insulated tubing....heck....works great for me! For longer trips, I put the 100oz camelback on my back seat and the hose runs up to my jacket for easy access!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I use the BMW cup holder, found it for about 1/2 price from another member. However I do use a RAM mount and it is an amazing piece of hardware. I would only suggest you order any parts you might THINK you might need. Everytime I look at their website I need about 5 more items. I hate to pay shipping so wish I could find their products locally.

Loren

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the RAM mount and cup holder shown by the OP. I like it and use it often. I don't use it with the clamp arm in the vertical position shown in the picture, rather it's almost horizontal and pointed more toward the handlebar clamp/key switch. I raise it slighty so that it clears the BMW tank bag. No mirror line-of-sight interference for me. I'm 5'10", 32" inseam. No issues with the Garmin 2610 in the stock mount position, either.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a BMW Cup Holder on my 07 LT and it works great and it closes up when no in use. I looked at some of the other options like the one your question was about, but it took up too much space. The BMW Cup Holder is costly, but it has worked very well and is very convenient.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts